• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SinterFire ammo

I was at Dick's looking for some clearance fishing tackle and happen to see this ammo on sale or clearance, whatever. I bought 6 boxes figure what do I have to lose.
Wondering who has used this ammo just to practice with?
The ammo was two 20 round boxes for $10. 9MM but they also had .40 and .45 same price. Augusta Maine store.

Attachments

• projectiles-packaging-sinterfire-700.png
    projectiles-packaging-sinterfire-700.png
    360 KB · Views: 6
I reload plenty of calibers with SF frangibles (.380/9mm/.38 Spec./.357 .40 S&W/10mm Auto/.45 Auto/.223 Rem. 7.62x39mm/51mm/54mmR/63mm, 7.5x54mm/55mm/.303 British...you get the idea). The hollow point is not an expanding bullet as are most HP, but I suppose it can fracture upon impact of softer tissue (upon material harder than itself, the bullet should break up into powder). Weakness is that the bullet may break, if dropped on a hard surface or while chambering. In revolvers, it is very common to get two holes in the target. One from the tapered tip and another crisp hole from the base of the bullet (fracturing can occur as it goes through the forcing cone apparently).
You can take heart that you are saving the planet by not introducing lead into the environment and are saving countless numbers of vultures, crawling babies and what not that may happen to digest them.
TBH, I've found the Inceptor polymer bullets to be a bit more durable and forgiving at the press; over-crimp the SF bullets and they'll separate in your magazine or while chambering... ...very brittle.
If all of those are priced at $10 per 40 rounds, I'd buy them out.

Attachments

• Swz7.5(sf).jpg
    Swz7.5(sf).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 6
  • x39mm1a.jpg
    x39mm1a.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
BTW, impress your family and friends as you shoot steel plates at point blank range (not recommended with .308 Winchester rounds, however).

BTW, impress your family and friends as you shoot steel plates at point blank range (not recommended with .308 Winchester rounds, however).
I did go back up and buy another 10 boxes. I went to the range with it and it's actually a great round to practice with. Very accurate also.

I did go back up and buy another 10 boxes. I went to the range with it and it's actually a great round to practice with. Very accurate also.
Good deal.
I regularly ring steel plate with the SF9-100RHFP and find it plenty accurate as well. If loaded correctly, the SF bullets run flawlessly. It's just when you get too aggressive with the crimp to remove the flare, if applied.
Enjoy!

..."In addition to the firearm-purchasing restrictions, Dick’s also hired a number of Washington, D.C. lobbyists in May to advocate for more-stringent gun-control regulations."

Back
Top Bottom