single stack

i am interested in shooting single stack i am familiar with shooting limited 10
and not shore what i can and cant do to a single stack gun can some one fill me in on the do's and dont's for that class thanks

In regards to the gun, it has to be a 1911 with a bushing barrel. The mags have to be flush fit. If you shoot major (.45 or .40), you can up 8 rounds in them. If you shoot minor (9mm), you can have up to 10 rounds. You can have grip tape on the grip only, fiber-optic sights, and a magwell. There is a box that the pistol should fit into in order to fit the rules and there is a 43oz. weight limit. It would be hard to not make it fit the box if you stick with common aftermarket parts .

You holster and mag pouches have to be on your belt as you would if you were shooting Production. They can't be forward of your hip. The holster can't be a "race" holster. Your typical Kydex works.

What are you shooting for Limited 10? If a 1911, it will most likely be okay. If it's had the slide lightened, or a bull barrel, it's not.

no right now i have a glock but only shot once this year do to time but for the next year or maybe a match this year i want to start with single stack so no weight reduction and no bull barrel is that it also no speed holsters? why not if not what are the rules on them will a jit slide style work it covers the trigger housing

Single stack was devised as a return of the "roots" of IPSC, of which, the US is a region. In the beginning, the Colt Government model was the gun of choice. Therefore, Single Stack goes back to what was widely used.
The weight restriction is part of it, other common modifications are adjustable sights, beavertail grip safety, wide or ambidextrous safety, fitting of slide, match barrel, trigger work, checkering and or stippling, beveling the mag well, and an additional mag well is allowed if it will fit the "box", oversize mag buttons. A frame that has a rail on the front is okay, as long as it is no longer than 3.25 inches from the slide stop.
More information concerning holsters, mag pouches and other gun stuff can be found at the USPSA website.
http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2008HandgunRulesindexed.pdf

Back
Top Bottom