Sig Sauer Mosquito Bulk Ammo Suggestions

I've been breaking in my Sig Sauer Mosquito with CCI Mini Mags and more recently using CCI AR Tactical 40 Grain 375 Round Boxes. I've put about 600+ rounds through it only using the CCI ammo. So far I've only had one FTF, which was just a bad round.

The CCI is on the higher price point of .22 ammo and I was curious if any other Sig Mosquito owners out there have had good results with some of the cheaper bulk packs, like Federal or Winchester. Or could anyone else recommend another cheap bulk .22 option?

After a similar break in period mine was able to run the Federal 550 bulk with minimal to know trouble, YMMV though, but definitely cheaper.

polish the feed and everything will move better, I always use the mini mags only because they seem cleaner after trying several others, Federal worked well too for me. Probably more than 70K through it now, I can count on one hand the number of FTF or FTEs.

Winchester makes a "new" 22 LR round that comes 1000 to a box for ~$42 at Walmart. I don't recall the name but it is a black box. I believe someone said they actually developments it for Semi-Auto 22s. That's what I usually run in my Sig with very few issues.

When I had my Mosquito, when I wasn't feeding it Mini-mags, it ate Federal 550 bulk pack rounds OK when using the "other" spring. Gun gets dirty a bit quicker, and the Mosquito doesn't like being dirty so it would tend to jam a bit after a few hundred rounds. Winchester M-22 seems to work pretty well too, I believe with the 'standard' spring (same as the Mini-mags), but is also another dirty/pretty smokey ammo.

- - - Updated - - -

Winchester makes a "new" 22 LR round that comes 1000 to a box for ~$42 at Walmart. I don't recall the name but it is a black box. I believe someone said they actually developments it for Semi-Auto 22s. That's what I usually run in my Sig with very few issues.

Yup - that's the Winchester M-22

Remington Golden Bullets work great in mine. No jams, easy cleaning, accurate. $18 for 525 rds when on sale at Dick's. I run the originally installed spring, not the alternate spring, and I broke it in with 100 rds of minimags. I haven't used minimags since.

I tried the unjacketed lead Blazers, but those left heavy leading in the barrel when rapid firing. Chunks of lead came out in the cleaning afterward.

When I had my Mosquito, when I wasn't feeding it Mini-mags, it ate Federal 550 bulk pack rounds OK when using the "other" spring. Gun gets dirty a bit quicker, and the Mosquito doesn't like being dirty so it would tend to jam a bit after a few hundred rounds. Winchester M-22 seems to work pretty well too, I believe with the 'standard' spring (same as the Mini-mags), but is also another dirty/pretty smokey ammo.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup - that's the Winchester M-22

Yep. M-22 sounds like the stuff. Thanks.

I have had the best luck with CCI Blazer bulk packs. They run real well in all my 22's. Usually buy a couple cases when they are on sale. Last ones I bought were 13.99 a box at FS on sale. I have had no luck with the Golden bulk packs and limited luck with the Federal.
YMMV

Back
Top Bottom