Sig P220 in .22lr

For the last month I've been preening over a Sig P220 SAO in .22lr
Its great fit in my mitts and has a killer trigger. I figured if I left it alone it would disappear.....nope still there [grin]
sig220.jpg

Its at a decent price and I love the idea it comes with a coupon for a .45ACP conversion. I don't own a .45ACP, so this is of interest to me, because I'd like the get one down the road and buying this way basically gets me two P220's for the price of one...My hold back is, I've heard these "new" Sig's are not reliable, especially in .22lr.
Any opinions?
thanks

It's a Sig.

Get it.

Seriously, if it is a good price you would be foolish to pass it up.

Just my two cents.

Why don't you just get one in 45 and buy the 22 conversion kit.
This NIB P220 .22lr I'm looking at is $499, the .45 conversion coupon is $399 = ~$900
A NIB Sig P220 .45 is ~$850, a .22lr conversion is ~$350 = ~$1200

Not only is it $300 less expensive to go .22 to .45 but mainly I'm not interested in a .45 now... The .45 is an option for down the road. What I want is a .22 for plates, training and cheap plinking.
I bought a 22A for this but it turned out to be a junk gun(and is still out for repair at S&W). Ok, so I could by any number of other .22 pistols, but none have the feel of this Sig and the option to convert.

I'd only get it if you can source extra mags for the 22 conversion.

-Mike

I bit.... [smile]
All I can say is; "This is the the pistol I've been looking for!" My God does it shoot.
Its a great fit in my hand, smooth as silk slide and the SAO trigger, little take up...then crack!! reset is minimal, the weapon will fire as fast as I can squeeze. Nice Novac 3-dot sights too. Okay, so groups are a bit wider than what I'm used to shooting paper with a 22A or MkIII but not that far off and we are new to each other....
I shot 250rounds consisting of CCI 40g Blazer and SV, Federal 40g Champion and Lighting, all ran no problems. I had maybe 8 to 10 rounds not go fully into battery, requiring me to "jiggle" the slide forward, I attribute this to bringing the gun straight from the shop to range and early break-in.
Its going to be a long while(like maybe this time next year) but I'm looking forward to shooting it in .45

pics in "new acquistions"

Was the coupon for a free .45 conversion? If so, that is a good deal. The .22 conversion kit is usually about $250.

I bit.... [smile]
All I can say is; "This is the the pistol I've been looking for!" My God does it shoot.
Its a great fit in my hand, smooth as silk slide and the SAO trigger, little take up...then crack!! reset is minimal, the weapon will fire as fast as I can squeeze. Nice Novac 3-dot sights too. Okay, so groups are a bit wider than what I'm used to shooting paper with a 22A or MkIII but not that far off and we are new to each other....
I shot 250rounds consisting of CCI 40g Blazer and SV, Federal 40g Champion and Lighting, all ran no problems. I had maybe 8 to 10 rounds not go fully into battery, requiring me to "jiggle" the slide forward, I attribute this to bringing the gun straight from the shop to range and early break-in.
Its going to be a long while(like maybe this time next year) but I'm looking forward to shooting it in .45

pics in "new acquistions"

Was the coupon for a free .45 conversion? If so, that is a good deal. The .22 conversion kit is usually about $250.

FREE!!!.....[laugh].
I called Sig today and for purchasers of the P220 the .45 conversion kit is $399(shipping included), within one year of the original purchase.
I'll be getting one for sure.

Here I am, 14 yrs in the future still shooting P220 SAO .22lr and the .45 acp conversion.
What a super durable and reliable gun this is.. Buy extra .22 mags, you won't believe how expensive they are in the future..

Here I am, 14 yrs in the future still shooting P220 SAO .22lr and the .45 acp conversion.
What a super durable and reliable gun this is.. Buy extra .22 mags, you won't believe how expensive they are in the future..

I am confused, are you the O.P. @PaiN (last seen Oct 2012) with a new account opened today?

🐯

Back
Top Bottom