SIG mosquito holster.

Does anyone have a good recommendation. This is strictly a range/woods holster. Concealability isn't a big concern. OWB preferred. I haven't found much in person and don't like ordering things online without some recommendations.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks LilBell! I saw those and they look pretty nice. I may end up going that way.

I'm wondering if anyone has come across any regular belt holsters. Not sure how I feel about the paddle holster.

Thanks,
Matt

Fobus makes a belt holster for the Mosquito - normal Fobus injection molded stuff. Oddly, their site doesn't have a picture of it - they show the paddle one instead. They just don't make either in left hand..[sad]...and apparently neither does anyone else.

If you're ever in the market for Mosquito magazines, Topgunsupply.com just got an order in for $29.95. Cheaper than most places.

Sig only supplies one magazine with the Mosquito for some reason

Thanks for the tip - they're out again, but I added myself to the email notification. The mags seem to be in chronically short supply, not a lot of holster options - I'm starting to think that the Mosquito didn't sell as well as Sig had hoped.

Thanks for the tip - they're out again, but I added myself to the email notification. The mags seem to be in chronically short supply, not a lot of holster options - I'm starting to think that the Mosquito didn't sell as well as Sig had hoped.

Out already? I just ordered mine last night after being on the wait list for two months. Sorry about that

Fobus makes a belt holster for the Mosquito - normal Fobus injection molded stuff. Oddly, their site doesn't have a picture of it - they show the paddle one instead. They just don't make either in left hand..[sad]...and apparently neither does anyone else.
Cool, I'll have to check that out. I must have overlooked it as I just scanned the photos. Bummer on the lack of lefty options. When I bought the Sig at BPS they had a few Blackhawk nylon holsters that were a decent fit, but they only had them in left hand models. [thinking]

If you're ever in the market for Mosquito magazines, Topgunsupply.com just got an order in for $29.95. Cheaper than most places.

Sig only supplies one magazine with the Mosquito for some reason
Definitely gonna get in on that. The one mag thing sucks. I imagine it's to keep the price down. I seem to remember the mosquito going for closer to $400.00 before and now it's $300.00. Did it originally come with two mags? I don't know.

I know it had a lot of problems in the beginning, that may have kept a lot of people away. The newer models seem to have a lot of the bugs worked out though, so people will come around. They certainly seem to moving out the door at BPS. There was a two tone in the case when I bought my black one, it was gone the next day. Then i went back a couple days later to look at holsters and they were selling another one and had another on the back counter being held for someone.

Thanks guys,
Matt

When the Mosquito first came out three years or so ago it had a lot of problems.
Mine just wouldn't fire consistently. They pretty much got trashed on the internet to the point that many people are totally afraid of giving it a try.

They've corrected the problem and now the gun is made in Germany and it one of finest pieces of construction you're going to find at any price, much less $300.

It's one of things you ask yourself how can you "not" get one at that price.

I expect that once sales pick up and the word gets around the price is going to go up significantly

Left Hand Mosquito holster!!

I should know better than to give up on lefty holsters....

Blade-Tech would appear to make almost everything in left hand!!

They aren't cheap, but I've seen their products before - well made stuff.

So, I'm ordering a lefty holster for my Mosquito. We'll see how this goes!

Well to answer my own question, I went with the FOBUS paddle holster made for the Mosquito. I am happy with it for a to/from and at the range holster which is all I wanted it for. Its light, comfortable and the paddle design means easy on and off. It has a screw adjustment to adjust retention strength and it was under $25.00 shipped. It doesn't have a compartment for a spare magazine like the SIG holster, but then I don't have a spare mag so for now that's not an issue. I'd recommend it.

I had one of the Fobus paddles for a G27, and it was my first choice for my Mosquito, until I found out no lefties. It held up quite well even though something I was doing while wearing it would gouge the bottom of the holster pretty regularly. I'd buy one again.

BladeTech Holsters

Got my BladeTech holsters in - one for my Sig Mosquito, one for a P14 LDA with a rail.

P3110005.jpg

Belt attachment on the P14 adjustable for belt width - I also bought a paddle I can add to either if I want.

P3110006.jpg

The Mosquito holster has a Techlok belt attachment - can be slipped over belt when open and clipped shut, adjustable for belt width, and that other U-shaped piece can be put in (second picture) to lock it shut if you don't want it to ever come open.

P3110008.jpg

Very well made holsters. Tension adjusts on both, molded very closely to the pistols. Both holsters use common screw patterns, so I can swap belt or paddle attachments at will. They weren't cheap, but I'd buy from them again. I'm looking forward to practicing draw & shoot drills at 22lr prices, though, so I'll probably save some $$ that way. Ordered 2/27, arrived 3/11 - not bad for 2 lefty holsters I know weren't sitting on their shelf when I placed the order!!

Thanks, BladeTech!!!

Back
Top Bottom