• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig MCX in MA

This could be a real benefit to the small mfgs (Littleton), they can easily build MA compliant rifles. There is no reason they couldn't buy complete stripped lowers (sub out the production work) and then assemble complete compliant rifles. They wouldn't even need their own machining equipment. The small scale would increase the price a little, but stay away from the low end market should help.

You are conflating the issues here a bit. First off the AW ban/healey proclamation is still all bullshit and rifles that are made compliant should all still be legit. There are some folks that have bravely shirked the bullshit with compliant AR style builds, but the issue that most shops don't want to stick their neck out for (which is completely understandable). This would not have been an issue with the MCX (especially the second generation) because this is NOT an AR-15 spec rifle but but since it was THE MODEL that the Demauragoron used to pull her audition stunt for Hillary's AG and the fact that they dont actually care/understand mechanical realities/facts.
As I said at the beginning of the thread, all of this is really moot with the later MCX generations lack almost all compatibility with AR-15 lowers and parts . In the current generation the MCX is as similiar to an AR as it is to an ACR. Infact the ACR is MORE similar in the sense that it accepts most AR trigger groups and Ar barrels and this is a model that is sold in the massified configs with no problems.
The fact that the MPX is acceptable, but the MCX is not, is evidence of this clear double standard (no standard) as their qualification, to my understanding, the two rifle operate in a mechanically similar fashion.
I would love an MCX also, but the thought of being limited to 10 round mags without a preban option is a total buzzkill for he utility of the platform for such a high price.

Last edited:
You are conflating the issues here a bit. First off the AW ban/healey proclamation is still all bullshit and rifles that are made compliant should all still be legit. There are some folks that have bravely shirked the bullshit with compliant AR style builds, but the issue that most shops don't want to stick their neck out for (which is completely understandable). This would not have been an issue with the MCX (especially the second generation) because this is NOT an AR-15 spec rifle but but since it was THE MODEL that the Demauragoron used to pull her audition stunt for Hillary's AG and the fact that they dont actually care/understand mechanical realities/facts.
As I said at the beginning of the thread, all of this is really moot with the later MCX generations lack almost all compatibility with AR-15 lowers and parts . In the current generation the MCX is as similiar to an AR as it is to an ACR. Infact the ACR is MORE similar in the sense that it accepts most AR trigger groups and Ar barrels and this is a model that is sold in the massified configs with no problems.
The fact that the MPX is acceptable, but the MCX is not, is evidence of this clear double standard (no standard) as their qualification, to my understanding, the two rifle operate in a mechanically similar fashion.
I would love an MCX also, but the thought of being limited to 10 round mags without a preban option is a total buzzkill for he utility of the platform for such a high price.

Fist, I've made it painfully clear that my comments are all made with the assumption that someone wants to follow the Healey BS. I'm well aware of it's nature.

Second, my comment you quote isn't about the MCX specifically. It's about converting AWs to non-AWs, look at the posts I was responding to, and those were also with the understanding the someone wanted to follow the Healey BS. I was discussing how to work around Healet's BS.

I recall seeing a Sig M400 up on the wall when that cunf was spouting her nonsense.

I assume you mean MPX, right, since the MCX takes Stanag mags?

The MCX Vertus seems to be around $2000, at that price it's almost competing the SCARs.

I recall seeing a Sig M400 up on the wall when that cunf was spouting her nonsense.
It wouldn't have surprised me if she had an M60 and Maxim Gun on the wall. In her article in the Boston Globe she calls out the MCX in her Globe opinion piece:

Here in Massachusetts, 10,000 assault weapons were sold just in the last year — each one nearly identical to the rifle used to gun down 49 innocent people in Orlando. In the week after the Pulse nightclub massacre, sales of weapons strikingly similar to the Sig Sauer MCX used at Pulse jumped as high as 450 percent over the previous week — just in Massachusetts.
It’s no surprise the Orlando killer chose an AR-15 style assault rifle. It’s a weapon of war, originally created for combat, and designed to kill many people in a short amount of time with incredible accuracy. It’s in the same category as weapons chosen by killers in Newtown, Aurora, and San Bernardino. These are not weapons of self-defense. They are weapons used to commit mass murder. And they have no business being in civilian hands.

Fist, I've made it painfully clear that my comments are all made with the assumption that someone wants to follow the Healey BS. I'm well aware of it's nature.
Second, my comment you quote isn't about the MCX specifically. It's about converting AWs to non-AWs, look at the posts I was responding to, and those were also with the understanding the someone wanted to follow the Healey BS. I was discussing how to work around Healet's BS.

I get it and this is by no means a personal attack. I understand you are talking about the legality when/who makes assault weapon not an assault weapon which is simply not the issue in question.
The AW ban is as clear as mud and therefore open to the interpretation by the crown. It seems there are three major points:
1. Cant be one specific models listed in the law (ie. no ak, ar, uzi, etc.)
2. If not listed, rifle cant have 2 extra-killy-features
3. Magazine capacity.

Her interpretation/proclamation said that guns covered under #1 are all still verboten even if they satisfy the conditions of #2
And therefore no AR-sauce for you. The ridiculousness is that this law is pinned to specific models that are now 25 years old (albeit the AR/AK the most prolific rifles ever in the US and the world) and does nothing to effect the newer more "advanced" designs. I am a mechanical engineer and I am intensely aware of how mechanical designs are similar/not similar there are empirical methods of defining these similarities/differences and protecting them (patents).
If one were going to define the MCX as a copy/duplicate this would be equivalent every gas-operated semi-automatic is a copy. It's bullshit (obviously).

Last edited:
I assume you mean MPX, right, since the MCX takes Stanag mags?

The MCX Vertus seems to be around $2000, at that price it's almost competing the SCARs.
Yup, it was a typo.
But it brings up the point of prohibitive practices. Ok so you can't buy a new AR/AK which are currently the cheapest, most popular, reliable rifles in existence. If you live in a free state, right over the north border, you can pickup a complete bargan bin AR for stupid low prices right now 300-400 (or a really decent one for 500-900), but in MASS your choice is a 25 year old preban example that will run $1200 - $3000 dollars or a super new Gucci gun for $1800-3500.
Is that affordable for everyone? Absolutely not.
Can a rich person still have their guns? Yes, but screw everyone else.
This was the same strategy with the NFA when it was written. You could still have the fun stuff you just had to pay the price of a car to get it. The hypocrisy is maddening. The real loophole is cash.
Gun control is the control over the masses.

Last edited:
Only potential problem I can see, and please remember I do not agree with this, is if you follow Healey's commandments, you can not make an AW into a non-AW. So pinning the stock and welding the muzzle device by anyone other than the manufacturer would be a no go.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, I do not agree with this BS!

I finally found an MCX Virtus for sale from a fairly prominent FFL in MA and brought it home for under $2K. This shop found and transferred five units somehow. Then sent them out to have the stocks pinned and muzzles welded and their lawyers are comfortable with them being compliant within the AWB rules. For the record, all five sold in a day or two so I was lucky to grab one. They won't have any more for a few months and they will be more expensive the next time around.

Last edited:
Is that affordable for everyone? Absolutely not.
Can a rich person still have their guns? Yes, but screw everyone else.
This was the same strategy with the NFA when it was written. You could still have the fun stuff you just had to pay the price of a car to get it. The hypocrisy is maddening. The real loophole is cash.
Gun control is the control over the masses.

I say this all the time. This 10000% correct. People with money and power can't stand the thought of "peasants" having firearms. If AR-15s are a travesty, how am I able to purchase a belt fed M249s (SAW) for $8k?

This is why if you're doing well in life, you have a duty to buy more guns, so you can hand them out to your fellow patriots when the FSA tries to bring it.

Back
Top Bottom