Shrikes shipping; anybody else here waiting?

I sent in a deposit July 2002 and am still waiting for mine. Anybody else here as patient (and probably stupid) as I am and gave Aries 1K bucks interest free for 9 years?

Of course I am... I haven't got a phone call yet (you?). When all the new SHRIKE chatter started up again this fall I checked with them to make sure they had my correct contact info...they did...so I continue to wait...

I was lucky enough to "star" in one of the early SHRIKE promotional video's done about 5 years back (or maybe even longer) right when that first small batch came out...If I hadn't seen one/touched one/ shoot one, I may have bailed long ago...but they are a nice little piece and what the hell I've wasted $1000 on worse things...

Last edited:
The SHRIKE is the "Duke Nukem Forever" of firearm accessories. Don't hold your breath. [rofl]

-Mike

The SHRIKE is the "Duke Nukem Forever" of firearm accessories. Don't hold your breath. [rofl]
-Mike

Don't know if you have been following "recent" developments, but a number of them have been confirmed as shipped the end of last week, with them starting to show up in owners hands the past few days (these are the folks who got "the call" in October)... This has been confirmed by several "proof of life" photos...

IMG_3635.jpg

(^^^ Not my pic, or SHRIKE [sad])

Well Chris it looks like its me and you making up the Ma**h*** Shrike Brigade; I'll let you know if I hear anything. I did the same as you; about 2 years ago I checked my contact info with them and made sure it was current. That was my last contact with Aries. Of course when I get the .223 beltfed itch I do drag out the M249...I wish that SA .223 was still around (I'm down to my last 6 cases). I have plenty of SAW links if you need any.

The "advance deposit" game can be risky. If the supplier needs cash there is no assurance that those units on which a $1K deposit has been placed will be filled before orders which represent substantially greater new revenue (as the $1000 probably when to general operating expenses rather than being internally sequestered).

The "advance deposit" game can be risky. If the supplier needs cash there is no assurance that those units on which a $1K deposit has been placed will be filled before orders which represent substantially greater new revenue (as the $1000 probably when to general operating expenses rather than being internally sequestered).

Yep, that has been my concern all along; for a while I thought my 1K was gone, but now I feel pretty good that my order will be filled eventually.

True...but honestly not a big deal for me...by putting in from "the start" I will have paid $2500 for mine, where as those would buy one now will be paying $5300...

Me too! I emailed my FFL/SOT to hopefully speed up the invoice. Tracy was pretty helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Shall we have a competition "shrike-off" shoot?

Now I'm glad I sqirrelled away those 6 2700rd tubs of SA .223 oh so long ago. Better order a couple of spare barrels....and a feed tray.....jeebus, this is going to get expensive

Last edited:
In the mid 1990's my girlfriend worked for AIM surplus; I was able to get the 'employee' price so to make the truck shipping worthwhile I would buy ammo by the pallet. Usually the pallets weighted a bit over 2000 lbs each so I had to have the ammo delivered to work where we had a loading dock and a forklift. I would then take the ammo home in my car a couple of cases at a time. Luckily, I had an understanding boss. I miss those days!

Back
Top Bottom