• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shotgun Steel Match @MRA 3/30/08

Hi everyone,
There will be a shotgun steel match at MRA on Sunday March 30th. Setup and safety briefing starts at 12:30. Match starts at 1pm.
There will be 2 classes.......Pump Shotgun and Semi-Auto Shotgun. Birdshot only, no buck shot or slugs. Bring approx 50 rounds.
Stages will be setup with 3-4 steel poppers per stage. $5 Per gun. 1 entry per class max.
What to expect.....alot of fun with the shotguns.....fast and furious :)

This one is a lot of fun.

If you recently attended the rifle bowling pin matches and had a good time, I think you may want to break out the big boom sticks and check out this match - fast and furious! [smile]

Awesome match today. I think we had about 15 shoot. Fast runs and tons of fun. About a 50 / 05 split autos and pumps. Even a pump SBS that won the class.

For autos Zeke took 1st, I took second and I think D.Q. took third.

At the end we had a nine plate speed run side match. 1$ to enter-winner takes all. We limited the mag to 8 rounds so all had to reload. Ed took the money with a 6.50. I choked so bad trying to go to fast. I missed 4 on the way by which put me in last place.[sad2]

In the end I had to redeme myself to feel better. So we set em' up again and I had a clean 5.65 run. Too bad it was after the fact. But at least I didnt go home with my head hung low. JB got both runs on video. I'll post em later for you guys to laugh at. [shocked]

Hey! That was me! I figured you guys would appreciate the finer points of 14" Barrels. Hadn't shot shotgun since October?, so it was good to fire a little. Next time, maybe I bring the "Pirate Gun" (12 ga. AOW).

BTW, always looking for Candidates / Victims to attend Blackwater. Looking at Rifle/Pistol or SG/Pistol 5 day combo courses. Can't find anybody to go with. Was thinking about loading up a car, drive down, shoot, drive back? Any interest?

DPS Out

Back
Top Bottom