Shotgun Fitter in NE?

I think that I may want to see a shotgun fitter to get
properly measured as I think more and more about getting
a decent double. Does anyone know of one in New England,
or even better, MA? I'm looking for someone who will measure and
work with me on a patterning board using one of those adjustable
stock doohickies (for cast, LOP, drop) .

F

Maybe, just maybe . . .

Gartman Arms on Rte. 1 in Wrentham. He has extremely limited hours (only 1 evening and Sat morning IIRC), so check before going there.

I understand that he does expensive, custom stuff. He can also be a bit of a nutcase and scared away more than a few potential customers for other items/work. I haven't been in that shop in MANY years, but the last person I sent there got run out of there by threats of the old goat to call BATFE on him . . . when he asked about getting a 1919 semi-auto sideplate riveted, etc. there (work to be done to BATFE specs).

So, it is hardly a recommendation, but just a possibility.

Also you could call Carl and ask him. I doubt that FS has anyone to do this, but he will at least try to be helpful if you ask and he knows who to send you to.

LenS said:
Maybe, just maybe . . .

Gartman Arms on Rte. 1 in Wrentham. He has extremely limited hours (only 1 evening and Sat morning IIRC), so check before going there.

I understand that he does expensive, custom stuff. He can also be a bit of a nutcase and scared away more than a few potential customers for other items/work. I haven't been in that shop in MANY years, but the last person I sent there got run out of there by threats of the old goat to call BATFE on him . . . when he asked about getting a 1919 semi-auto sideplate riveted, etc. there (work to be done to BATFE specs).

So, it is hardly a recommendation, but just a possibility.

Also you could call Carl and ask him. I doubt that FS has anyone to do this, but he will at least try to be helpful if you ask and he knows who to send you to.

Yea, and it's right down the road from us..

We walked in there one time... I swear I heard banjo's playing. It was pretty weird. When we walked in, every one got really quiet and just watched us while we were in there...

We left.

firtree said:
Perfect, Matt, I'll give them a call. Thanks!

C-Pher, yeah, Gartman is pretty wierd. The attitude and having
to ask what the prices are for everything does not make for a pleasant
atmosphere. But they do have some amazing stuff hanging on their walls...

F

I should say that I've never used him, but Greg is a good guy. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom