Shot a pair of 67 year olds

Just gave my new WWII vintage Nazi pistols a work out.

First the Walther P38 circa 1943. This thing ran like a clock, mechanically perfect - no issues with loading, ejecting etc. I found the balance a little weird for me, and it felt a little bulky in my hand. The sites were a little odd too - the blade was tough to see, and I had a hard time getting it centered between the rear post. I found myself fighting the gun a bit. The trigger is a little heavy and kind of sloppy, in my opinion - but she runs like a champ.

P38.jpg

Walther P38, 10 yards, 16 rounds, slow fire, 9mm 115gr FMJ WWB

Second the FN P35 circa 1943. WOW!! This thing felt great in the hand, balanced, comfortable, pointed like a dream. God bless Browning. Had some issues loading which I attribute to a beat up magazine - I plan on getting a new one to see if that helps. This gun is deadly accurate, and so comfortable it was like a tack driver. The sites were a little tough to pick up, but I have young eyes. The trigger breaks clean and is sharp. I am amazed with this piece of hardware - 67 years old, dirty, greasy and still put up tight groups. Absolutely unreal. Now I must have a modern one (or at least one without waffenamts) that I can blaze away with reckless abandon.

P35.jpg

FN P35, 10 yards, 20 rounds, slow fire, 9mm 115gr FMJ WWB

Soon as I get that new sear bar spring and firing pin for my 1918 Luger - ill report on that too. This is what happens, kids, when you get your C&R [smile]

Milsurp guns

I did the same thing with my P-38 and my Polish Radom pistols. Except I went thru the Mass mandated police corse with mine. Shot out to 75 feet to qualify. I passed the course with no problem. I also shot my 1910 German luger at bowling pin and steel plate matches. I also use to carry my 1944 Remington Rand .45 as my duty weapon when I WAS a LEO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom