Shipping pistol barrel?

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hey,

I know that a pistol cannot be shipped via a civilian through USPS, but can a pistol barrel (by itself) be shipped? I have to send back a defective barrel to Lone Wolf. I assume it's just a piece of metal to them, but I figured I'd ask. I appreciate it, and I'm trying to make the Post Office today if I can.

Thanks!

The FRAME is the gun; not the barrel. If it doesn't bear the unique serial number, it's not a gun, just a part.

What about a GLOCK barrel? Those typically have the gun serial number on them.

A barrel is still not a controlled part in the US. The reason many
companies put SN's on the barrel is because their guns don't
get sold exclusively in the US. I know in parts of europe the barrel
constitutes a controlled part of some sort.

-Mike

I personally would never mail any firearms related things in the mail, well other than maybe a holster... even if it is legal.

I personally would never mail any firearms related things in the mail, well other than maybe a holster... even if it is legal.
I'm not sure why not. Between Priority Mail shipments from MidwayUSA and Brownells, my postman is tied with my UPS guy for delivering gun parts to my house, in volume if not weight (UPS guy is way ahead in weight due to all the ORM-D packages he humps up my driveway).

As they used to say at KFC: parts is parts.

IDK maybe small parts, Im realllly weary of gun laws, esp in mASS...Im overly cautious about alot of stuff tho... Ill probabley loosen up after a while but for now Im really cautious. I would rather have it shipped to/from a local shop than to my house...

IDK maybe small parts, Im realllly weary of gun laws, esp in mASS...Im overly cautious about alot of stuff tho... Ill probabley loosen up after a while but for now Im really cautious. I would rather have it shipped to/from a local shop than to my house...

While caution is a good thing, making up laws that don't exist, and
obeying them, is not so much.

-Mike

Every time someone obeys a gun law that doesn't even exist yet, John Rosenthal lights a kitten on fire.

Please stop this senseless violence against kittens.

Back
Top Bottom