HOURS:

Sat 9-5
Sun 9-12
Mon Closed
Tue 9-5
Wed 9-7
Thu 9-5
Fri 9-3

Clean shop and organized, prices seemed quite reasonable on handguns and had plenty of ammo in lots of variety, including 3 different brands of 28 ga shotshells (OK showing my fudd side) all with what seemed like good pricing also.

Spoke to Vinny as well as Russ whom are members of Billerica Gun Club. they seemed quite friendly and accomodating, hopefully this doesn't change with time "in" working at a gun store like it usually does.

I inquired as to if they planned on stocking and selling any reloading items and they stated that it would tie up too much money in unmoved inventory, which is quite understandable. I was mostly asking about reloading components and not dies, presses, etc. though. when I explained that, He (Vinny) did seem open to ordering reloading components for customers as needed.

I then inquire about any gunsmithing services and Vinny stated that he did the gunsmithing himself.
I Didn't get into his qualifications though.

Had a good conversation about Gun Clubs in general and had a great experience overall!

I wished them luck in their new venture and left, letting them know that they would be a new regular stop when I was in the area as my inlaws live right down the street.

Shawsheen firearms gets two thumbs up on the initial visit!

THANKS
DOWNWIND

Last edited:
It just helps that if someone starts a thread on a gun shop/range that they at least post some demographic info so folks can find it without searching other threads for it.

Thanks for posting the info.

Went in there yesterday on my lunch. Talked with Vinny and Romeo for about 20 minutes as I browsed. Thankfully I was carrying no cash, otherwise there would have been a few things I would have come out of there with. Will definitely be back.

Needed a repair to the stock on my old a5 browning and took it in. The safety needed a spring and the stock had a split starting. He quoted me $70 which I found more than reasonable. Called and he said it was ready went to pick it up......repair to the stock looks and feels rock solid just a small brass pin visible. Problem.....safety is still broke. Oops he forgot to fix that. Needs a spring. No problem shit happens I'll be back next week. Anyway he emailed me it was done. Stopped in yesterday and yup all set. Charge is $45. I think he felt bad about about forgetting the safety repair. I'll take the kind gesture! He also has magtech factory 45acp brass case for $17 a box......left with a couple of boxes. He runs a good business there. You all should check him out.

I stopped in there yesterday because I needed a case for a shotgun, which I found at a very reasonable price.
I looked around and checked out the guns, not a huge inventory, but a very nice selection of stuff non the less.
They had a G1 Contender in stock, which is like finding a dinosaur egg in Mass nowadays, a very nice Luger, a Colt Diamonback, a selection of S&W Shields, and several different variants of the SIG P238 among other goodies. They also have a nice selection of rifles and shotguns too, but I didn't have much time to browse and I wasn't in the market for a gun anyway. Since I live in NH now, there's no advantage for me to buy a gun in Mass and then have it shipped to an FFL 20 miles North. I already have much more to choose from in NH and then there's the lack of sales tax too. But for you Mass people, this place is worth checking out. I also noticed they had a large selection of .22 ammo on the shelf, full bricks of Blazer for $32.50, which isn't a phenomenal price, but the days of $20 bricks isn't likely to return anytime soon, availability has been the big problem and it looks like the drought is finally over.

Back
Top Bottom