• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Selling a Car and the Art of Negotiating

You can tell from the buyer's first communication if they are worth dealing with or ignoring outright. I have a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. ...
Here's your April Fools Avatar:
54d46015dd1f0_-_esq-taken-de.jpg

I saw on FB a few years after my sale that the new owner totaled my bike. It was strange, it actually bothered me. I put 80k miles on that bike. Sad to see it ended in the junk yard.
Where did he end up?

I love cheap cars. My search filter is set at $500 on my first go, but I've been known to spend as much as $1800 for a vehicle. Oddly, I also hate haggling. If an offer is fair, I'm happy with that. Most times, just to say we've haggled, I'll offer $20 less than what they've listed, I don't care if they say yes or no, $20 isn't going to break the deal.

At these prices, you aren't dealing with stealership sleazy tactics and BS overhead, you're dealing with a guy who wants the rust bucket out of his yard. If someone is offering a vehicle at a decent price, and you don't feel like you've been screwed when you walk away with it, who cares if the guy thinks he got more than he thought he would?

Back
Top Bottom