Self defense course for 18 yr old girl

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
My daughter is 18 and interested in a self defense training class of some sort, focus of practical things like situational awareness.

We're in Newton, looking for something nearby if possible, after the holidays ( early spring time frame) after school eases up a little.

Any recommendations?

I think you should give Stu at cloverleaf firearms group a call. He does private lessons covering many topics and can customize a class to what you and your daughter are looking for. I have never taken one of his classes but have heard great things and intend on taking a class with him asap. His classes are certainly affordable as well. Good luck

I haven't used the RAD system but someone recommended them to me when I was looking for a class for my daughter http://rad-systems.com/ . If you end up using them I'm be interesting in knowing how it went since my daughter should still take a defense class but it wasn't possible before she went off to school.

It's sexist to teach women to defend themselves. Women should not have to defend themselves. Expecting the world to stop being violent and teaching boys not to rape is the preferred solution. Your post is old fashioned thinking and represents a microaggression.

I think you should give Stu at cloverleaf firearms group a call. He does private lessons covering many topics and can customize a class to what you and your daughter are looking for. I have never taken one of his classes but have heard great things and intend on taking a class with him asap. His classes are certainly affordable as well. Good luck

I appreciate it man, but I don't do too much in the way of combatives instruction, unless it's with firearms now.

I haven't used the RAD system but someone recommended them to me when I was looking for a class for my daughter http://rad-systems.com/ . If you end up using them I'm be interesting in knowing how it went since my daughter should still take a defense class but it wasn't possible before she went off to school.

RAD is a good first start if she hasn't done anything. Have her read Gift of Fear. The RE-READ it. Then read it again.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen the concepts in that book play out in 10 years in LE. The pre-incident indicators are legit. The picture he paints of stalkers is legit.

Cloverleaf Firearms Group said:
Have her read Gift of Fear. Then RE-READ it. Then read it again.
Incredibly good advice. The Gift of Fear should be mandatory reading before kids head off to college, or even earlier would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom