Secret Service agent who was with JFK on day of his assassination breaks silence with claim that blows up the 'magic bullet' theory

Such precision???

Last month I was out at the range with my boys. Youngest was having issues with my G44. The man target was at 50 yards - Mansifeld wants steel at the berms. This was, maybe, an hour in. I've been working on getting my form back.

Anyhow, I load up the gun with one round to find out what's up. (Oh, it was a light-strike on one round - that was it.) Insert the mag, rack the slide, push out, bam PING!

I wasn't even LOOKING at the target. I mean, I was facing it. It seemed to be in teh center of my view. But I was just trying to see if it was a gun thing or a bullet thing. The boys were in amazement.

Am I now a pro shot because I made that one from taht distance without really thinking??? Should I call Rob Leatham and get on the tour or something???

I don't think that Oswald was a pro shooter. I also don't think 3 shots under 100yds you should be able to hit a head shot once. He did. And he pulled his second shot out of panic. Maybe didn't have the gun seated in his shoulder before boogerhooking the bangswitch.

Just because someone succeeds does not mean they are qualified. (I'll point to Tony Eason - Super Bowl starting QB. LOL)

Don't confuse luck with skill.
This is where I'm at. The longest shot was 70ish yards? Yeah, it was a 'moving' target, at what 5mph?

They also found where the 'missing' shot went, into a street sign that the limo crossed line of sight as it moved down the street.

Give almost anyone a scoped rifle and they will hit a human sized target inside of 100 yards. There's literally no calculation to do, put crosshair where you want hole, pull trigger.

The History Channel literally debunked every conspiracy claim a while back. How did Oswald make it from the library, kill the PO, and get to the theatre? By walking slowly. Even the conspiracy guy on the show said he'd have to go back and think about some stuff. I doubt he changed his mind, but literally every theory he submitted, got slammed dunked.

Such precision???

Last month I was out at the range with my boys. Youngest was having issues with my G44. The man target was at 50 yards - Mansifeld wants steel at the berms. This was, maybe, an hour in. I've been working on getting my form back.

Anyhow, I load up the gun with one round to find out what's up. (Oh, it was a light-strike on one round - that was it.) Insert the mag, rack the slide, push out, bam PING!

I wasn't even LOOKING at the target. I mean, I was facing it. It seemed to be in teh center of my view. But I was just trying to see if it was a gun thing or a bullet thing. The boys were in amazement.

Am I now a pro shot because I made that one from taht distance without really thinking??? Should I call Rob Leatham and get on the tour or something???

I don't think that Oswald was a pro shooter. I also don't think 3 shots under 100yds you should be able to hit a head shot once. He did. And he pulled his second shot out of panic. Maybe didn't have the gun seated in his shoulder before boogerhooking the bangswitch.

Just because someone succeeds does not mean they are qualified. (I'll point to Tony Eason - Super Bowl starting QB. LOL)

The joke here is the SECOND or THIRD assassin gets made fun of for missing the car all together.

The two professional assassins who hit their mark perfectly are making fun of the other assassin that is so bad at his job he couldn’t even hit the car.

Here in my joke, Oswald isn’t even a shooter.

Apologies for the joke that needs explanation.

The joke here is the SECOND or THIRD assassin gets made fun of for missing the car all together.

The two professional assassins who hit their mark perfectly are making fun of the other assassin that is so bad at his job he couldn’t even hit the car.

Here in my joke, Oswald isn’t even a shooter.

Apologies for the joke that needs explanation.

;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn60YWO218k&t=36s

Not sure I understand your comment about 3 shots under 100 yards. You think with 3 shots he should have hit the big Irish melon at least once or not at all?

A couple years ago I dug up this topic relative to the accuracy of Carcanos. LOL if there were a milsurp rifle that makes the Mosin Nagant seem like a sweet shooter it would be the Carcano.

Carcano Accuracy and THE Conspiracy Theory

My initial thoughts were that making the shot was possible but extremely difficult and not at all as easy as the Warren Commission concluded. Upon much discussion and almost 90 posts I concluded that the shot was not only possible it was probable.

Let's assume Lee Harvey + the Carcano could hold approx an 18 inch group at 88 yards on a slowly moving target. Even with a crappy rifle that's a pretty reasonable expectation of accuracy. Big Irish Melon takes up ~60% of that 18 inch circle. The way to determine the probability of one shot connecting is most easily done by calculating the probability of all 3 shots missing, which is 40%^3 = 6.4%. Thus the odds of at least one shot connecting are 93.6%. Pretty good odds.

Did anyone catch Sweaty Ben's sale earlier this year?

rhbpWCh.jpg

I bought one and it looked even better than his website pics. Here it is with only minimal restoration effort-

hq720.jpg

I hadn’t heard that before. Wild if true.

Time to dig him up boys

First heard about this theory in 2001 or 2002, been around for a while.

Such precision???

Bit tired, but the human head is what, 7" wide. The shot was somewhere between 175 and 265 feet away or 58-88 yards. Assuming 100 yards that's a 7moa shot for accuracy, round numbers again that's what, 14 moa at 50 yards. If I remember Kennedy was traveling basically inline and away from Oswald, while elevation is tricky, the shot doesn't seem like it was technically difficult, just the damage.

Such precision???

There was a documentary on the history channel for a while that showed a target Oswald shot as a marine. He was a pretty good shot at 100 yards.

I always suggest if people are in the Dallas area to visit Dealey Plaza. It’s a hell of a lot smaller than it looks on any film I’ve ever seen. i Was shocked how small it was as I drove through.

There was a documentary on the history channel for a while that showed a target Oswald shot as a marine. He was a pretty good shot at 100 yards.

I always suggest if people are in the Dallas area to visit Dealey Plaza. It’s a hell of a lot smaller than it looks on any film I’ve ever seen. i Was shocked how small it was as I drove through.
It's hard to not be a 14moa shot at 100 yards with irons or a scope, you have to be real incompetent.

Oswald's shooting history as a marine varies widely according to wikipedia- some instructors say he was better than average, others that he had a significant number of misses. Honestly, I don't think his shooting skill mattered with a 14moa target at 100 yards, and that assumes he wasn't aiming for a body shot and f***ed it up.

It's hard to not be a 14moa shot at 100 yards with irons or a scope, you have to be real incompetent.

Oswald's shooting history as a marine varies widely according to wikipedia- some instructors say he was better than average, others that he had a significant number of misses. Honestly, I don't think his shooting skill mattered with a 14moa target at 100 yards, and that assumes he wasn't aiming for a body shot and f***ed it up.
I agree...hard to know for sure.

I encourage people to visit Dealey Plaza is to see how tight/small things actually are. I think people envision it as this wide expanse like driving around Boston Common (easy to do just watching film)...when it's really more like driving around the fountain in the public garden. 100yards is a really generous estimate from my recollection.

The long and short of is that people have made up their minds and not much will change anyone's beliefs...it was Oswald alone...it was CIA...it was the mob...it was an accident...it was communist/Castro plot...it was <whatever>.

Some guy tried to drum up support for his book and the conversations start all over. It was 60 years ago...no opinions/beliefs have changed much

I asked the AI about the distance: 63 and 88 yards.

=======

Lee Harvey Oswald is believed to have fired shots at John F. Kennedy from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository in Dealey Plaza, Dallas. The distance between Oswald's alleged location and JFK's motorcade is typically reported to be about 265 feet when the first shot was fired. Converting this to yards (1 yard = 3 feet), it is roughly 88.3 yards. Keep in mind that these are approximate values, and actual distances may vary depending on the exact locations within the building and the street.

The Warren Commission determined the distances between Lee Harvey Oswald's alleged sniper nest on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository and the locations of the shots that hit.

According to their calculations, the first shot that hit was fired when the presidential limousine was approximately 190 feet away, and the final, fatal shot occurred when the limousine was about 265 feet away from the Depository.

These distances have been referenced in numerous historical accounts and studies of the assassination. Converting 265 feet to yards gives approximately 88.3 yards, as one yard equals three feet.

When my boys where 5 they could hit a target at 100yds practically blindfolded. The distance is nothing for a resting rifle shot.

When my boys where 5 they could hit a target at 100yds practically blindfolded. The distance is nothing for a resting rifle shot.
That's my point.

Numbers differ from 58-88 yards, but basically, it's somewhere between a 7 and 14 moa slheadshot, twice that for body.

That's hard to miss.

Even if he was a crappy shot in the USMC, the course of fire for Marine corps rifle qualification was out to 500 yards with irons in 2008. I don’t think it was any different using M1s. Even if he was barely passing in the USMC, the known distance rifle range doesn’t even start until 200 yards.

Back
Top Bottom