• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Second 01/09/2022 Update, John/Mr. Gunrunner

gunrunner02346

Dealer
NES Member
395 Wareham Street- Route 28 Middleboro, MA 02346
2. I was denied permission to visit today. BUT, I got a call from the physical therapist who stated that he was up and had taken one complete step and was now sitting in a chair and wanted to talk to me. Oh my gosh, what a difference from Friday to today! We had a solid 20 minute conversation and although he still does not "sound" like John Costa, he was talking in complete sentences and I could "understand" what he was saying as it was much clearer. We have since talked two more times and I will call him again. Also, they brought him some pureed food for lunch for the very first time. He ate it all and it seems that he did not aspirate anything into his lungs. He was thirsty and his mouth was very dry so they brought him ice chips and he crunched on all of that and that seemed to go well also. So encouraged by this so keep those prayers coming, please!

1. He is angry because he wants to eat/chew. They will be testing his swallowing again today. He also just wants to get out of the hospital, but who wouldn't. His vitals are, to quote the nurse this morning, "rock solid." I have called and requested permission to visit again. The nurse will check with the nurse manager and get back to me. She stated that while there is not a lot of COVID on his (2nd) floor, there is a lot in the hospital as a whole. They keep checking daily on LifeCare, Raynham; Nemasket, Middleboro, and others, but no room yet or not accepting new admissions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom