Scopes and AR-15 standard front sight gas block question

My current carbine upper has an A1 perm carry handle that I want to change out to a flat top upper receiver. I tossed on a Tasco 3-9x40mm with CAA scope rings onto the carry handle and I'm not a fan of having the scope so high.

My question is, when I change to a flat top and mount the scope directly to the receiver, will my standard gas block be impeding my view on the scope? If so, I may change to a gas block with integrated flip up sight or a railed gas block.

Anybody have any insight because I'm having a hard time figuring it out and don't have a donor rifle to check it out on.

The gas block will pretty much "disappear" when looking through the scope.
I was worried about the same thing.

That's what I was thinking, but didn't know for sure. I don't have enough experience with these types of things yet.

This means that I only need to change out my receiver for now and still achieve the setup i'm looking for which means spending less cash at the current moment.

correct. i'd mounted a super sniper on my flat top upper w/ standard front sight / gas block. no issues. i still want to fiddle with it when i do mount a scope via la rule, different hand guards and gas block.

i wanna make it look cool.

Back
Top Bottom