SBS transfer in TPRM?

I'm sure there's already a thread on this, I searched, but I suck at that.
How does one go about doing this, and can anyone point me in a direction to an 07 SOT dealer that can transfer it to me?
Sorry if this has been beat to death a million times already, just looking for some help.
Thanks!

SBS is a "firearm" under MA law and since it is not on the roster a dealer is not supposed to transfer it. Healy rule which actually under strict interpretation is correct.

Good luck.

Will NFA branch actually kick back a transfer attempt though, or not? Obviously between dealers they wouldn't care, but those aren't the same ballgame.

I know in the past there are people in mass who got factory made SBS. What if someone in mass Form 1ed an SBS based off a gun built off a factory NFA length barrel? (then it's not a sawed off shotgun" and the person could form 1 it as an individual.

The subject I was looking at was a factory SBS.
I've heard that the authority was adhering to the moron bs, but then not.
Idk.
Yes, then there's the individual, or trust status claim, not sure which way to go on that either.
There are a lot of twists and turns in the process, which is all new to me, hense the inquiry.
Thanks for the thoughts so far, keep em coming if you have more, much appreciated.
At the very least, it will be a learning experience.

No dealer can transfer an sbs or sbr because they are off list “firearms” in MA. I have previously posted mechanisms for getting SBRs in MA.

1. private party transfer
  2. Build yourself
    1. From receiver
    2. From rifle
    3. From pistol (requires complex steps and is essentialist from a receiver)
For a sbs you can’t start with a shotgun or a receiver that was a shotgun because of the MA sawed off shotgun law

So you need to find a shotgun receiver that has never been a shotgun. This used to be hard but is now easy because of guns like the shockwave. The receiver of a shockwave has never been a shotgun so get one of those transferred to you, apply for a tax stamp, build sbs.

Back
Top Bottom