Savage/Stevens 20ga 320 Tactical in FDE

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
18SVAU320C12GTCTCSPG_Flat_Dark_Earth

I just picked up one of these as an addition to my shottie portfolio. First impression it that it is a very well made and cycling Winchester 1200/1300 clone. The fit and finish is excellent and quite heavy-duty. It has a sturdy heat shield on barrel, fully adjustable ghost rings with a green fiber-optic front post, picatinny rail on receiver, extended length for-end and a nice picatinny 3-sided mount in front of that for flashlights or bayonets [smile] . Shoulders nicely, and pistol grip is ergo-friendly.

So far, the only downside is it is made in China. Trying to find out if it is made by Norinco, which would not be so bad for an import... [smile]

Also available in all black, and 12ga flavors.

pirated photo:
iu

Winchester 1200/1300 parts view:

1200-1300-Schematic.jpg

Last edited:
18SVAU320C12GTCTCSPG_Flat_Dark_Earth

I just picked up one of these as an addition to my shottie portfolio. First impression it that it is a very well made and cycling Winchester 1200 clone. The fit and finish is excellent and quite heavy-duty. It has a sturdy heat shield on barrel, fully adjustable ghost rings with a green fiber-optic front post, picatinny rail on receiver, extended length for-end and a nice picatinny 3-sided mount in front of that for flashlights or bayonets [smile] . Shoulders nicely, and pistol grip is ergo-friendly.

So far, the only downside is it is made in China. Trying to find out if it is made by Norinco, which would not be so bad for an import... [smile]

Also available in all black, and 12ga flavors.

pirated photo:
iu
Honestly for the under $250 these cost theres not much being made state side that would be better. I think they did pretty well with this model. I think when these came out there where no sight options for the ones withthe heat shrowd? .... hey and look at that your FDE matches and you only paid $200ish.

Exactly. Because this is not my primary shotgun, and was purchased to add the 20 gauge platform, what I got for what I paid is extremely attractive.
If someone on a budget, (read: skinflint) is looking for a 12ga defensive shottie platform, this is a great place to start. Reviews are excellent.

~Matt

What's the choke situation on that?

Fixed "CYLINDER" choke on the 18.5" Security barrel, same as the 12ga.
Stevens offers a 22/26/28" field barrel that uses Win-Choke chokes.

Funny also is the Chinese machines are probably more better than remingtons and mossbergs.

Funny thing is, I did a full detail strip/clean/lube just to see and understand its workings (I'm a mechanical junkie) and found everything to be very well made, strong and machined well.
I can't tell you how many times I've had to take a file/stone/or sandpaper to a circa 1990 or later American-Made firearm. It's like the tradesmen all died off and left the shop full of near-do-wells... I'm still very happy with this purchase!

~Matt

i briefly owned one of these. the rotating bolt design is cool. dig it. unfortunately the build quality was poor.

i briefly owned one of these. the rotating bolt design is cool. dig it. unfortunately the build quality was poor.

How long ago Squib? I read on the internet during research that early on, the Chinese were made to use both Savage and Stevens parts during the builds and some of the tolerances were off, causing fitment and operational issues. They fixed that quick and every post I've read about the 320 since 2015 has been positive. Could have just been a lemon too...
~Matt

approx 2 years ago. its just not built for heavy use. no aftermarket support, weird forend etc

approx 2 years ago. its just not built for heavy use. no aftermarket support, weird forend etc

I wonder if you got an early one? As to aftermarket support, it is catching up, and Winchester 1200/1300 parts/accessories will fit 95% of the time.
Not trying to re-sell you on the idea, just letting you know that my July/2018 build date model seems pretty robust. Thanks for your replies.
~Matt

Back
Top Bottom