savage anschutz & anschutz

I'm looking at older Savage Anschutz & Anschutz .22's on GunBroker.
Is there a book or web site listing all the older models?

Some are old shooters and some may be collectable and I'd like to have a better idea or what is what.

Thanks,
Bill

Im sure there are books out there, but the most valuable resource i've found is the Anschutz forum over on Rimfirecentral.com. Some of those guys know everything! I was even able to find out about the specific extractor setup an early run of 54 actions had which my rifle has. Anschutz did a ton of model number changes, wording, and swapping of parts early on. Models evolved into other models, model numbers had varying configurations, etc. First step is finding the date of manufacture on the maker stamp, then to go from there. Once you know the year of manufacture, there are many sites where people have posted histories of the models and their specifics in a certain year. I have a 1413 marked "Super Match" on the barrel, which differs from later 1413s, the stock 1413s, and some of the non-marked super matches. They also had varying weights which did not differ in model number.

Im not sure if it'll be easier to track and find info on the sporting model or the match rifles, but if match rifles you can also put a post up over on targettalk.com, the majority of serious target shooters use Anschutz and most start off with an older model due to the high prices of their new models.

Back
Top Bottom