San Francisco bill limiting gun use by security guards stuns Twitter: 'It's bad enough already'

Reptile

NES Member

'Human life is more important than property,' said the progressive official who proposed the law change​

A San Francisco Democrat's proposal to prohibit security guards from drawing guns to protect property sparked outrage on social media Tuesday.

San Francisco has had several major businesses, from Nordstrom to Whole Foods, leave the downtown area recently due to rampant theft, drug use and safety concerns.

Twitter CEO Elon Musk weighed in on the controversial bill, arguing it would drive more people from the city.

"It’s bad enough already," Musk tweeted late Tuesday. "If security guards can’t protect stores, offices, homes or themselves from violent criminals, who would remain in San Francisco?"

Musk was responding to San Francisco's District 5 County Supervisor Dean Preston's announcement that he was proposing legislation to restrict gun use after a homeless man allegedly caught shoplifting was killed by a Walgreens security guard last month. The man's death sparked protests and national media attention.

Preston said in a video posted to his Twitter account that he was proposing a law that would prohibit armed security guards from drawing their weapons to protect property.

"I will be calling for legislation to specifically prohibit security guards from drawing their weapons to protect property," the Democrat said. "Human life is more important than property. We need to change local law so that security guards cannot unholster weapons to protect property."

Continues...

The government is saying to the criminals that they can now steal anything and not worry about ANY force used against them to stop them.

This is what they want. Democrats and their voting base want this. I don't understand it and never will. If your going to rob or injure someone and you end up in a wheelchair or dead, well I guess you won the stupid prize for the day. But that's not how these people feel. I'll give the Dems credit, at least there not lying anymore on who they are.

'Human life is more important than property,' said the progressive official who proposed the law change​

A San Francisco Democrat's proposal to prohibit security guards from drawing guns to protect property sparked outrage on social media Tuesday.

San Francisco has had several major businesses, from Nordstrom to Whole Foods, leave the downtown area recently due to rampant theft, drug use and safety concerns.

Twitter CEO Elon Musk weighed in on the controversial bill, arguing it would drive more people from the city.

"It’s bad enough already," Musk tweeted late Tuesday. "If security guards can’t protect stores, offices, homes or themselves from violent criminals, who would remain in San Francisco?"

Musk was responding to San Francisco's District 5 County Supervisor Dean Preston's announcement that he was proposing legislation to restrict gun use after a homeless man allegedly caught shoplifting was killed by a Walgreens security guard last month. The man's death sparked protests and national media attention.

Preston said in a video posted to his Twitter account that he was proposing a law that would prohibit armed security guards from drawing their weapons to protect property.

"I will be calling for legislation to specifically prohibit security guards from drawing their weapons to protect property," the Democrat said. "Human life is more important than property. We need to change local law so that security guards cannot unholster weapons to protect property."

Continues...

The government is saying to the criminals that they can now steal anything and not worry about ANY force used against them to stop them.
to the contrary, i think it is a step in right direction.
they should outlaw all armed security in the state of CA, no guards, no private bodyguards, no nothing. no protection for no one. and cancel/defund all the police.

then all the border states should bus in all illegals right into the LA, SF, SD and other CA cities, to saturate them all to the top. it has to reach the point where will no longer be a place for 'gentle people with flowers in their hair' to enforce their rules upon everybody else, and it has to get much worse before it may get any better.

to the contrary, i think it is a step in right direction.
they should outlaw all armed security in the state of CA, no guards, no private bodyguards, no nothing. no protection for no one. and cancel/defund all the police.

then all the border states should bus in all illegals right into the LA, SF, SD and other CA cities, to saturate them all to the top. it has to reach the point where will no longer be a place for 'gentle people with flowers in their hair' to enforce their rules upon everybody else, and it has to get much worse before it may get any better.
And then mcveigh the san adreas fault line.

NYT: “The evidence clearly shows that the suspect believed he was in mortal danger and acted in self-defense,” Ms. Jenkins [SFO District Attorney] said in the statement, referring to the private security guard, who was identified by the San Francisco Police Department as Michael Earl-Wayne Anthony, 33.

Although Ms. Jenkins called the killing of the man, Banko Brown, a “tragedy,” she said: “We cannot bring forward charges when there is credible evidence of reasonable self-defense. Doing so would be unethical and create false hope for a successful prosecution.”

The Security Guard did not shoot the homeless trans shoplifter to protect property.

It's not theft, it's reparations.
Without the middleman - direct aid. People get exactly what they want, when they want it. If the SFO government opened shops with essentials, I’m sure a lot of homeless would be well-served.

But the roving bands of shoplifters who steal luxury goods? Shoot them.

This is where I am at with all liberal run cities/states. They made their bed, now sleep in it.

The only real problem is the blame shifting. Instead of realizing that they caused this bullshit with their horrible policies, they blame "lax gun laws" in neighboring states, despite the fact that the guns recovered almost never came from those states anyhow.

The stupid will continue until things cease being stupid! [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

SF hasn't hit rock bottom yet. It took NYC to hit rock bottom in the early 80's to turn things around. Once it was costing $, they realized that actually stopping crime was more important.

The current leadership is more concerned with the peeepulz feeewings than law and order. They need to devolve. The faster, the better for the rest of the country. I, for one, strongly support this latest stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom