• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P 45

OK, all you out there who have one, what do you think?

I love mine but I know there are those out there who maybe don't.

It does weigh you down after a while, but that's part of what it's about - at least now.

I ran about 200 rounds through mine last weekend, it worked great!

I bought the 45c. Had to have the trigger done but I love the size and performance. For HD, I have the full size mag with an xgrip extension. IMO, best of both worlds, compact as a ccw and full size mag for HD.

I really like mine. My trigger's been done to 4.5 lbs on my Lyman trigger gauge.

There is only 1 thing I wish was different and its that for a double stack gun, it should be able to hold more than 10 rounds. Thats all it holds. Even in free states.

I really like mine. My trigger's been done to 4.5 lbs on my Lyman trigger gauge.

There is only 1 thing I wish was different and its that for a double stack gun, it should be able to hold more than 10 rounds. Thats all it holds. Even in free states.

S&W offers a 14 round mag.

I got the M&P 45 with out of state trigger, no safety. I really like it. It is not that heavy; if you want to carry it, I think carrying a mag pouch with two mags on the opposite side of your belt makes the weight even out much better.

For shooting my favorite is still a full size full weight 1911, but the M&P is pretty nice in terms of ergonomics. The
swappable grips work for me, I need to use the smallest size.

I got the M&P 45 with out of state trigger, no safety. I really like it. It is not that heavy; if you want to carry it, I think carrying a mag pouch with two mags on the opposite side of your belt makes the weight even out much better.

For shooting my favorite is still a full size full weight 1911, but the M&P is pretty nice in terms of ergonomics. The
swappable grips work for me, I need to use the smallest size.

Mine is an out of state too. The trigger works pretty well although the reset can be a little hard to feel, I got better at it.

Mine is full-size too. I have a mag pouch and 4 mags. They are, unfortunately, all 10 rounders but that's OK. Better to have 4 10-rounders than 2 14-round mags. :)

I used to have an issue with flinching on the break, with this toy I was MUCH better. That's a nice addition!

Yeah, it extends beyond the base of the already full sized grip by about 2". Its not anything you could carry and it looks ridiculous.

View attachment 105964

Yeah, that would be really awkward.

I did put the larger back grips on (still with a 10-round mag) - that works pretty well. I also got a DeSantis holster which fits well. My GP-100 doesn't fit so well, it has new fiber optic sights and will not seat in the holster well, but my M&P does! :)

The burwell DIY trigger job works very very well. Its easy to get to a nice clean 4.5# break without even doing all the steps. The reset is still very difficult to feel but I believe Ghost makes a reset enhancement that costs less than $30 if you are shooting it in IDPA or something.

Love mine with the apex forward set sear kit. I used it for my first ever steel match in hopkington a few months ago and did pretty damn good.

I've been a Glock fan for years but I fell into a deal on a full size M&P 45 when the owner moved out of state. I did the trigger with an Apex kit and use it in "Production" division for USPSA. I find it fits me hand well and I just LOVE the fact that if you slam a new magazine in when dry, the slide drops. I makes a dry reload just as fast one with a round in the chamber.

I have since done about a dozen trigger jobs on other people's M&P. Some I have used Apex parts, others were simply done by cleaning up the stock parts.

It is a great gun in my opinion.

Great thread. I am shooting an M&P 9mm now. I am trying to convince myslef to NOT buy a Beretta 92 (another 9mm) and go with the M&P .45. Glad to hear so many like theirs.

ipscdrl - I'm a died in the wool glock fanboy. I shot one in IDPA for years. But the .45 glocks with their 2 inch wide slides just never did it for me. The M&P is just so much better proporitoned.

Of course the new 41 supposedly has a trimmed down side. But I haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

Don

Yeah, it extends beyond the base of the already full sized grip by about 2". Its not anything you could carry and it looks ridiculous.

View attachment 105964

You know, however, that if they didn't make it native 10 it would be fat, and nobody would buy it. I like my G21SF but there is no denying that an M&P .45 feels better in my hands.

Part of the commercial success of the M&P .45 is that its not too large for most people to operate it comfortably.

-Mike

You are right. I don't like the 21 because it feels portly.

I did however once get the chance to shoot a Springfield XD. Its grip was not bad. I didn't like the gun, but I liked the way the grip felt.

45 FS with Trijicon sights and a CTC laser grip is my EDC. DIY Burwell trigger about 4.5#. Shoots well enough for the way I shoot. Will do a 1" group at 21' slow fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom