S&W M&P 340 J Frame Alloy Revolver - Wayne's Review

I just aired it out at AFS and it is quite a nice little pocket gun. Mine has a luminous front sight. The hammer is covered so it is double action only. The plus side is that it is less likely to snag coming out of your pocket, but the down side is it is no single action finesse shots.

This will fire .38 and .357 magnum. There is not much upwards recoil to speak of; it is easy to keep pointed down range. It handles the .38s quite nicely and I went through about 30 without a problem. The .357 magnum jarred my index finger after the 4th round, but still the gun was still easy to control. The gun is obviously meant for self defense within a 2 or 3 yards. The trigger is heavy, thanks I guess to my gubbermint's concern for my safety.

This is an excellent, light weight alloy 5 round revolver. It is easily concealed with an Uncle Mike's pocket holster in the front pocket. It is not uncomfortable at all. A nice little gun that is easy to carry about the home, and will cure a mugger's constipation problem in no time at all. Not good for combat fighting at all, or at more than a few yards (YMMV)

You can probably handle 5 .357 rounds but no more. If your hands are sensitive, then consider that a .38 round is a piece of cake, and that you could consider a non .357 variety to save some cash.

I give it a 8.5/10 (-1 because of the trigger pull), (-.5 because of the stress on the index finger after the 4th round)

I use it as my daily carry, and give it 2 thumbs up! Full load .357 Mags, can really sting the fingers, it's been 3 days from my last trip to the range, and my trigger finger still hurts[crying]

I put 50 rounds of 158 grain .357 through my 340 M&P this morning in about 20 minutes, and wished I'd brought another box.[smile] The poor Model 66-1 came along for the ride, but once again just sat in the case.

Back
Top Bottom