S&W 459 (whats it worth?)

I put up a post about 9mm's a few days ago and i got alot of good suggestions. I was talking to my uncle he has a Smith and Wesson model 459 9mm that he is looking to get rid of. I really don't know alot about the gun. I know he is the 2nd owner i believe. The first owner is a state cop, which i know as well. I think this might have even be his "issue" back in the 80's.

I did some research on the gun but i didn't find to many out there. I know its a 2nd generation S&W, production stopped in 1988. Its a pre-ban hi-cap 1911 style 9mm.

Any ideas on what its worth. call the gun good to very good condition with 3 hi-cap mags.

What is your uncle asking for it? I've seen them listed in the $400-$500 range, but I didn't look terribly hard, and they might be had for less.

BTW - it is NOT a "1911" style pistol. It is a DA semi-automatic with a double stack magazine.

I put up a post about 9mm's a few days ago and i got alot of good suggestions. I was talking to my uncle he has a Smith and Wesson model 459 9mm that he is looking to get rid of. I really don't know alot about the gun. I know he is the 2nd owner i believe. The first owner is a state cop, which i know as well. I think this might have even be his "issue" back in the 80's.

I did some research on the gun but i didn't find to many out there. I know its a 2nd generation S&W, production stopped in 1988. Its a pre-ban hi-cap 1911 style 9mm.

Any ideas on what its worth. call the gun good to very good condition with 3 hi-cap mags.

This is an auction that is taking place shortly and they have a 459 in it. Here is the verbage:

"Lot #1100 - Smith & Wesson - Model 459 pistol - 9 mm - 4” barrel - As new in box. -
Appears perfect & unfired in original box w/ spare mag, papers, & accessory kit. 14 shot;
fixed sights. Prod. code 103011 - s/n A881308 - FFL - [9WN1180] - (est.300-500). "

The (est. 300-500) is what they think it might go for.

You can do better than a 459. Especially for $500.

Chris

Thats kinda what i figured. Its not really what I am looking for but it is an option. If i do not buy it, he is going to work out an agreement with one of the guys he works with or knows. I guess they are going to do some type of bartering agreement.

Back
Top Bottom