S.2265 Message Printout / Dropoff - today and tomorrow morning

The gun bill, S.2265 is with the Senate now, and they have proposed 63 amendments to it. Looks like there will be debate and a vote on Thursday. GOAL has put out their list of which amendments to support, and which to oppose.
http://goal.org/Documents/S2265Amendents[3].pdf

I'd like as many senators to see this as possible! I work near the statehouse and am volunteering to print out and drop off your message to your Senator's office. Please:

1) PM me the message you'd like your senator to receive.

OR

2) (quick and easy) PM me your name and address. I'll look up your senator using https://malegislature.gov/People/Search, and will fill out the template below. (hat tip to JJ4, mattyw, and GOAL)

Dear Senator XXX:
State House Room XXX
7/16/2014

Regarding S. 2265 An Act Relative to the reduction of gun violence

Please support the following amendments that are crucial to protecting civil rights in the commonwealth:

#6 Removes the FID Suitability clause.
#19 crossbow/bow clarification
#30 protections for licensed collectors to buy relics
#58 makes pepper spray more accessible
#56 Fixes the language in sections 39-43 regarding seized firearms.

Please oppose the following amendments:
Some of the most egregious include #11 & #20 which would criminalize the private sale of firearms, #57 which is, among other things a one gun a month bill and #60 which would ban many common use firearms and magazines.

Other opposed amendments:
There are many other amendments that I oppose #s: 3, 4, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 25, 28, 40, 46, 48, 57, 59, and 60.

Best regards,
YOUR NAME

YOUR ADDRESS
YOUR PHONE
YOUR EMAIL

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the old thread where I offered to do the same for H.4121 if you're curious.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/254752-H-4121-Message-Printout-Dropoff

Delivered 14 letters, you guys rock!

27625773868_3061fd3894.jpg

Edit, photobucket sucks now, trying out flickr

Last edited:
PM sent.

Everybody in Mass on NES should be sending you PM's.

I have tomorrow off and I will be calling my Senator.

Can you list the other Senators that have a major say on this bill?

---

Edit: Not that many Senators.

I'll be able to call them all in the morning.

Last edited:
Great job on this. I'd join and PM you a letter but I've already beaten Sen. Barry Finegold and his aides to death with our issues. They know what I look like, live, phone and email numbers and that we all vote.

I have already emailed a similar version to my Senator but reps to you for volunteering to do it for those who can't.

Last edited:
Wow, got home and found 11 more letters waiting to be sent, awesome! For those that have already talked with their senator on the phone, or in person, I agree, this would be a bit redundant. But for the many of us whose emails fell into a black hole, or got an auto-reply or meaningless drivel reply - this is for you. For the lucky few that have a solid pro 2A senator - showing you support their positions is a good thing too.

Don't forget your reps--the bill has to go back to the House and a lot of them are not happy with all the amendments

Don't forget your reps--the bill has to go back to the House and a lot of them are not happy with all the amendments

I figure I'll start another thread once it gets past this step and back to the House. Senators only for now please.

Side note - got 16 letters to deliver now!

this is fantastic! - I'll be sending a PM in a second - my only ask is for your possible consideration in tweaking a couple words - If a senator is on the fence, I'd like them to better understand why we oppose some of these things that are popular with the moonbats. - I inserted a few words below that I underlined - thanks!

Please oppose the following amendments:
Some of the most egregious include #11 & #20 which would criminalize the private sale of firearms even between properly licensed family members , #57 which is, among other things a one gun a month bill but will have no impact on crime or violence and #60 which would ban many common use firearms and magazines.

Back
Top Bottom