Ruger LCR holster

I am a big fan of Cross Breed and I know they made a new holster for the Ruger LCR. Probably worth checking out and they have a money back policy if you don't like it.

I use a pocket holster with my LCR. Specifically an Uncle Mike's Sidekick which cost me $11.

The LCR is also supposed to fit any holster designed for the Ruger SP-101. If you search for SP-101 holsters you may find more options since the LCR is relatively new.

Mine rides in a DeSantis Nemesis. I also have an Uncle Mikes but the trigger guard is too big and doesn't fit very well.

The pocket holster won't work for me. I hate things in my pockets. Mostly because I kind of wear fitted straight pants. I think the IWB might be ok if I can tuck my shirt in. The ankle holster would make the most sense, but not sure how comfortable that is.

Anyone use an ankle holster? Or IWB with dress pants and shirt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxw0_Pxymyk

don't rule out a pocket holster until you give one a whirl.

i have an uncle mikes that is "meh" but my favorite is the mika holster.

you could always get a pair of pants you can comfortably carry in--sometimes changing dress is necessary for CCW.

don't rule out a pocket holster until you give one a whirl.

i have an uncle mikes that is "meh" but my favorite is the mika holster.

you could always get a pair of pants you can comfortably carry in--sometimes changing dress is necessary for CCW.

+1 If I'm carrying the LCR it's being pocket carried, that's why I bought it. If I'm going to carry IWB it's going to be my M&P9c in a Comp-tac M-TAC.

Here's are some pics of the holsters I mentioned above:

DeSantis Nemesis Fully covers trigger guard, has a wide flat bottom that keeps the gun from shifting around. Has a grippy exterior that keeps the holster in your pocket when you draw.
dscf3569.jpg

Uncle Mikes Doesn't cover trigger guard completely, kind of narrow so it doesn't keep the gun upright.
dscf3576.jpg

+1 If I'm carrying the LCR it's being pocket carried, that's why I bought it. If I'm going to carry IWB it's going to be my M&P9c in a Comp-tac M-TAC.

Here's are some pics of the holsters I mentioned above:

Silver palette? [wink]

Do you have any difficulties concealing in the pocket, or does it depend on the pants/shorts you choose?

I carry my J frame in an ankle holster and like it alot. I understand the limitations with this method of carryin reagrds to a speedy draw. I had Mike Taurisane of Taurus Holsters make mine.

Silver palette? [wink]

Do you have any difficulties concealing in the pocket, or does it depend on the pants/shorts you choose?

With the LCR you just have to make sure your pockets are deep enough to cover the entire grip. On some of my pants it pokes out a little so then I switch to the Kel-Tec. I almost exclusively pocket carry now since the Ruger and my Kel-tec are very light and easy to conceal. Try it out a couple times and see how you feel, and remember if people see a bulge in your pocket from the holster they will assume it's a phone/wallet/keys and not a gun.

I usually carry my wallet or phone in the other pocket of my pants to offset the look of something bulging out, the phone usually prints more than the gun.

I love my Nemesis for my J-frame and Beretta 25 as well (different holsters obviously)!

Try pocket carry...you'll love it. Ankle carry is great but you are not getting it out fast or without bting noticed. A pocket holster lets you seem like you're just walking around etc. No one knows until you want them to know!

I think I may have the next size up because my Uncle Mike's does cover the trigger guard.

Is yours a size 4, mine is a size 3? I just checked their website "fit chart"

Size Item No. Fit Information
1 8744-1 Small autos (.22 - .25 cal.)
2 8744-2 Most .380s
3 8744-3 2" 5-shot revolvers; Sigma .380
4 8744-4 Most sub-compact 9mm/.40 autos

Silver palette? [wink]
It's the best pizza in Westford and very close to my house. It was also the closest thing to a semi-clean flat surface to snap a quick pic [wink] For some reason I seem to take revolver pictures on top of their pizza boxes. My only other revolver:
dscf2210.jpg

I've switched from jeans to cargo shorts/pants.

Is yours a size 4, mine is a size 3? I just checked their website "fit chart"

Size Item No. Fit Information
1 8744-1 Small autos (.22 - .25 cal.)
2 8744-2 Most .380s
3 8744-3 2" 5-shot revolvers; Sigma .380
4 8744-4 Most sub-compact 9mm/.40 autos

Yup size 4 I just checked. Although I don't see how my holster could fit any .40 S&W pistol so I think Uncle Mike's might be a little bold in their size estimates.

I just bought an LCR at Lees gun shop in Windham. I bought the Nemesis pocket holster he had, but he also has a Desantis two position OWB leather black holster for it

Back
Top Bottom