Roll Call - Pelham 28/29

Who's going? I'll be there and bringing a friend who just picked up a 10/22 just for this event. :)

With luck, I'll get my techsights in time enough to install them into my psuedo-LTR.

Looking forward to the 200yd range aspect as well.

I am planning for that. I am bringing a couple tarps to lay down and some mats. Looks like we will have good weather.

Hopefully it will be dry enough, but with today's rain it might be interesting. My experiences shooting in the mud is that you definitely want something between your mat and the mud if at all possible... I've ruined a few carpet remnants in the mud. Once they get wet they're pretty much trash by the end of the day or weekend.

I would also highly recommend rain pants or any other water proof/resistant clothing you can just in case.

Tarps usually work fairly well. The reason waterproof clothing is recommend is that you are prone to eventually get some mud/snow/water on top of the tarp or mat. Being even a little wet can be quite uncomfortable this time a year.

Ninsho, good job running the shoot, I appreciate all the instruction and knowledge all of the instructors provided.

Two days is a short time, but I know I'm already doing better as a marksman, and I've definitely become more curious about 4/19.

Already signed up for the next one in Pelham.

Yes, that was awesome. My wife and I talked about taking the kids down to see Lexington this summer and get them into the history. We got home last night and started looking up all the different people and history. I always knew the story but you guys take it to a whole other level. I learned a lot in those 2 days. I had never taken any sort of basic rifle marksmanship training outside of the Coast Guard and that wasnt much. Between the 2 of us we went through about 1500 rds. The known distance shoot was great. She is going to try to make it back for the next one to try for her patch and she is trying to get one of her friends to go also. I have to get her signed up at one of the ranges I belong to so she can drop my son off at school and go practice for an hour in the morning. You folks created a monster!!

Back
Top Bottom