riley's in hooksett

Shortly before they closed, I was cleaning out the center console in my truck. I found a Riley's frequent flyer rewards card. I tossed it in the trash, having not been there recently. Kind of wish I tossed it in the back of the gun safe as a souvenir to look at years from now.

holy shit...do you remember when it was owned by natives that traded it for beads?
no, but i remember far enough back when there was nothing on that road from the time you left 93 until you got to riley's. i think there might have been some kind of trading post just before the shop.

I posted before about my final visit to Riley's but bears repeating. 11 in the morning on a weekday. Ordinarily there'd be plenty of cars and you'd have to park in back. Not that day. One beat up s#!tbox in the parking lot with windows open and a seedy looking couple smoking. I go in and am stunned at how empty the shelves, gun racks and display cases are. There's another seedy woman filling out a 4473. She's seems to be having trouble so she leaves and since I've seen enough I'm seconds behind her. She has an animated conversation with seedy dude then goes back in. Straw sale if I ever saw one. That's when I knew it was all over.

...i think there might have been some kind of trading post just before the shop.

There still is

trading-post.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't Hooksett the home of New Hampshire's "Biggest Ball of Twine" at some point...?

yeah, i believe thats it. but you young guys, there was nothing on that road when i started going to riley's in the early 70's
Lol... 1870's ???

1587046170400.png
"Young Cobra having a draft beer with his Pop and Uncle after a hard day on the Range drivin' doggies..." later to visit the "Soiled Doves" upstairs...

Not seen in photo; Mr. Cobra is thumbing his brand-new Schofield Model 3 in .44 Russian that he had just picked up at the new "Riley's Sundries" nextdoor...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom