Rifle rounds for a LEE Pro 1000

Yep. I've tried .204, .270, and 30-06. I got frustrated really fast. Now I single stage all my rifle calibers. The Pro 1000 is a good unit, but I don't like it for rifle. I only use it for my high-use pistol calibers (9mm, .38. .357 mag, .40, .45).

Would it be possible to single stage rifle rounds on a 1000? I load .45 now and i like the press only issues i have is when i don't pay full attention and dump powder into the base plate. I would like to try and adapt it to do .308 instead of buying a whole new press.

There's really no good way to single stage your press. Resizing .308 is gonna put a lot of stress on a Lee Pro 1000. That shell plate and carrier can only take so much before it starts to get sloppy. I think you'd be much better off searching E-Bay and such for a good deal on a single stage press like a RCBS Rockchucker. I have a cheap Lee single stage that I do all my rifle rounds on for now, but when doing the larger cases you can actually see it flex. I'm still looking for a deal on a Rockchucker or similar press.

That being said, I love my Pro 1000 for the common pistol rounds that I use it for.

I think you'd be much better off searching E-Bay and such for a good deal on a single stage press like a RCBS Rockchucker.

+1 I have 2 PRO 1000's but I do my rifle rounds on a single stage. That being said, I think you could probably prep, and prime your cases off press, and then use the 1000 to do the powder drop and bullet seating.

Back
Top Bottom