REVEALED: Cops Stood Down in Vegas Shooting

From the article, emphasis mine:

And Eugene O'Donnell, a former New York City cop and now instructor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, said “we have to be realistic."

"Police officers are civilians with guns,” he told the Associated Press. “The notion that they can spring into action and take on a mass murderer who is running up the body count is probably something you can't ask."

So they're civilians when it suits the narrative, highly trained professionals all other times. Sometimes he to a higher standard, sometimes not. Sometimes the only ones well enough trained, sometimes not so much.

In any event, if you are going to hold yourself up as the reason why I shouldn't have a gun, you'd damn sure better up your game. This isn't that.

I'm not an infowars guy either... but this kind of story doesn't fit the agenda.

Can't claim only police need guns when the chosen "protectors" repeatedly stand down like they did in Vegas and Parkland.

Most high turnover PDs like NYPD are the most corrupt/f***ed up, though. It is what it is. Throw in shitty triggers and poor training, and you get bullet fests on the street.

I'm also reminded of the incident where they were chasing a dude with running a gun in his hand down a street there
and like 4 bystanders were injured. All of them were hit from NYPD bullets, not the BG's gun...

-Mike

The Empire State Building shooting in 2012 is still my favorite. 9 bystanders shot by the NYPD before they got the guy.

The Empire State Building shooting in 2012 is still my favorite. 9 bystanders shot by the NYPD before they got the guy.

I think we're talking about the same incident, I just forgot the correct number of bystanders... [rofl]

-Mike

Thing is it's probably better that he stayed cowering. Pushed into responding he would have been more of a danger to bystanders and his fellow officers than he would been a help in stopping the killer.

To be fair, the one cop looked like he was on target. The other cop however, if he wasn't responsible for all 9, it had to be close.

I just remember us discussing the original incident and at first it read like there was a running gunfight in the street; then a day later it was like "all of the bystanders were hit by police".

-Mike

Thing is it's probably better that he stayed cowering. Pushed into responding he would have been more of a danger to bystanders and his fellow officers than he would been a help in stopping the killer.
And now that we know he's a cowardly POS it's time for him to go and NEVER be a problem again. If nothing else, at least the Parkland Pussy (no, I will NOT dignify him with a name) was smart enough to resign.

I just remember us discussing the original incident and at first it read like there was a running gunfight in the street; then a day later it was like "all of the bystanders were hit by police".

-Mike

Yup. I had no trouble believing that. The thing I couldn't believe was that the news actually reported it.

Here's the part that I haven't seen explained: they supposedly know they're staging on the floor below the shooting, but they keep covering down the stairwell.

Back
Top Bottom