Reuters: Supreme Court "May" Take Action on State Assault Weapon Bans

Not sure where you've lived, but there's plenty of money to be made in the south. You don't need 200k to live like a king, so while the pay may be lower, the standard of living is higher.

I could easily live the same or better lifestyle with a 40% reduction in pay by moving to Georgia but the actual reduction is only about 20%. I still live in Mass because of family ties.

No, they won't....

[h=1]Supreme Court rejects challenge to state assault weapon bans[/h]
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-supreme-court-rejects-challenge-state-assault-weapon-134132044.html

[FONT=&quot]The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left in place gun control laws in New York and Connecticut that ban assault weapons like the one used in last week's massacre at an Orlando nightclub, rejecting a challenge brought by gun rights advocates.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The court's action underlined its reluctance to insert itself into the simmering national debate on gun control. The justices have not made a major gun rights ruling since 2010.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The justices declined to hear an appeal of an October ruling by the New York-based 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that upheld laws prohibiting semiautomatic weapons and large capacity magazines in the two northeastern states.[/FONT]

My opinion is they will never take another AWB case again. Ever.

I bet that's right, and why would they? If NY's Safe Act can stand, just for example, then we really don't have federally protected gun rights as a practical matter anyway. This is, very broadly, where we are. Gun rights are being determined at the state level. For most of America that's just fine.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Just remember that when it comes down to it a bunch of judges appointed for life are not the final arbiter of your rights, you are. It just may become very painful to assert those rights.

Back
Top Bottom