**RESULTS POSTED**Harvard Sportsmen's Club - Steel Challenge Match - August 25, 2012

PMD

[size=+3] See post #20 for results [/size]

Harvard Sportsmen's Club - 5 Stage Match:

Saturday - August, 25, 2012

SHOOTER'S MEETING: 9:15am
START TIME: 9:30am squadded

Categories:
Pistol Open, Pistol Iron, Production, Revolver Open, Revolver Iron, Rimfire Pistol Open, Rimfire Pistol Iron, Rimfire Rifle Open, Rimfire Rifle Iron.

$10.00 first gun - 2nd afternoon run (if time permits) $5.00
Juniors shoot first gun for free.

Stages:

Showdown http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/showdown.pdf

Outer Limits http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/outer_limits.pdf

Pendulum http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/pendulum.pdf

Accelerator http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/accelerator.pdf

Stage 5 - to be determined...

General Principles:

Steel Challenge scoring is simple: your time is your score!
Each stage consists of five targets, commonly referred to as plates. Four are standard plates, and the fifth is designated as the stop plate.
Each of the standard targets must be hit at least once before hitting the stop plate, and the time stops when the stop plate is hit. Competitors may fire as many rounds as they deem necessary for each string of fire. The worst string on each stage will be thrown out, and the total of the remaining times will be competitor’s score for that stage. All stages will be shot five times with the exception of "Outer Limits" which will be shot four times.
The maximum time allowed for an individual string is 30 seconds.

For complete Rules and all stage layouts please go here:

http://steelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/SCSARules.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***NOTE***

*HSC is a COLD RANGE: All firearms will be kept UNLOADED except on the firing line under the direct supervision of a Match Officials.
*Gun handling at Safe tables only and must be brought to the firing line in a holster or case.
*Eye and ear protection is required for all shooters and spectators.
*Holsters: In general, holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist, must cover the trigger, and must safely hold/retain the gun. All Centerfire handguns must be appropriate for holster use.
*HSC will allow "Low Ready" starts for Centerfire handguns (2 seconds added per run)
*Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster
*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.
*Minimum cartridge for centerfire competitions (38 Special, 9X19).
*Rimfire firearms must be .22 Long Rifle (.22LR) only
*Any ammunition deemed unsafe or likely to damage the targets will be removed from use
*Any standard plate which has not been hit before the stop plate will count as a Miss. Each Miss on a standard plate will result in a 3 (three) second penalty, added to the shooter’s time for that string.
*If the stop plate is not hit, the score for that string is 30 seconds

For Club information and directions:
http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com

For questions or if you'd like to help - please email Paul Dandini [email protected]

Thanks again to the NRA Foundation for providing a Grant for the steel targets.

Last edited:
Not busy this Saturday, so I should finally be able to make it to a Steel Challenge match!

PMD,

I got a one-day pass for the weekend, so I'll bring my little .22LR and blast thru $0.20 worth of ammo for the match. I'll RO, too. See you early Saturday morning or Friday if you need set-up help.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

*Each competitor is expected to come to the firing line ready to shoot, with an appropriate amount of ammunition in an appropriate number of magazines or speed-loaders or other loading devices.

How many magazines are required? Five?

In addition, for the "Rimfire Rifle Open" division, are their any special safety requirements for moving to gun between stages?

How many magazines are required? Five?

In addition, for the "Rimfire Rifle Open" division, are their any special safety requirements for moving to gun between stages?

5 or more mags would be best.

Between stages it is preferred that after showing clear the a rifle goes into a bag/case. If no bag/case the action must be open with an ECI (Empty Chamber Indicator) or OBI (Open Bolt Indicator) inserted.

There is only one stage with movement "Outer Limits" 6' between boxes and that stage is has four runs.
Like with all firearms - Muzzle pointed down range (at backstop) finger off the trigger.
Many new shooters simply walk/step slowly between/into the box.

Please let the folks at the sign-in area know if you would like to shoot a second gun in the afternoon.
Right now we are short handed for help in the afternoon (ROs and stage breakdown).
If you want to shoot and there is enough help we'll try to make it happen - this will be discussed at the Shooter's meeting.
Thanks.

Please let the folks at the sign-in area know if you would like to shoot a second gun in the afternoon.
Right now we are short handed for help in the afternoon (ROs and stage breakdown).
If you want to shoot and there is enough help we'll try to make it happen - this will be discussed at the Shooter's meeting.r
Thanks.

Paul, I'd like to shoot a second gun. I can help RO and tear down.

Mike

Great match today! Thanks to everyone who shot the 2nd round and helped clean up. It was my step-son Andrews first match. He was a little nervous at first but he had a lot of fun and is looking forward to the next one in September.

Thanks for putting on a great match.....squad 3 was a hell of a lot of fun to shoot with!!!! Looking forward to more! [cheers]

Thanks to everyone that helped put on the match. A special thanks to Eisenhow for keeping me hydrated with his extra waters. It was a great day and great shooters

Another fun match.
Thanks to everyone who shot and helped.
Special Thanks to Knuckle Dragger for running the afternoon squad.
Results will be delayed a little as I don't have all the scorecards yet.
See you next month.

Results posted

I had a couple score sheets with no Division listed - so I guessed - if it needs to be changed let me know..
Congrats to all the Winners.

Attachments

• HSC 8-25-12.pdf
    46.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Thanks for a fun day and for getting the scores out so quickly. Those plates seem to shrink when you're actually standing in the box ready to shoot!

Great time shooting with everyone. A special shout out to Bones aka Woody - who shot out not 1, but 2 of the wooden stands. That took some skillzaziz!!

Back
Top Bottom