Reminder, watch your local community events

CAR

A Google alert flagged this "Guns in the Realm of God" event in Topsfield, so here's a good reminder to keep an eye on the events in your town and to participate as politely as possible. The Federal elections are done but with springtime town meeting agendas are being lined up already, now is a good time to try to head off the nonsense we saw last year with local initiatives to ban or restrict firearms.

I tripped over one in my own town recently, fortunately the local police force was represented and took a pro-2A stance. The group at that event decided their efforts to reduce violence could be better spent on helping people find jobs, avoid addiction and otherwise become positively integrated into the community.

This one looks like it was preordained to go another way, but please watch your towns (and churches and etc) so we can all have a quiet spring.

==========

"So far, gun violence has not become an issue in the tri-towns, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't care about it, or that it won't happen here.

That's why events like "Guns in the Realm of God," which took place in Topsfield last weekend, are critical."

http://boxford.wickedlocal.com/news/20170111/editorial-lets-talk-about-guns

That's attrocious. I used to be on the BOD of my church and at least half of the others on the board carried, this is in a rural setting, of course. Nobody would have lets that PC BS fly at our congregation. I hope everyone leaves that evil congregation.

I'm a Topsfield resident and was out of town Saturday and missed this. If there is anyone on this board that was there, please PM me. I would love to get a quick synopsis of what happened.

They picked a strange town for this. Topsfield is very so pro 2A. I'm not sure what they hoped to achieve here.

Yep, I check the agendas and minutes for my town council meetings at least once a week.

Not just for any potential firearms related stuff, but also for retarded, feel good crap that they'd prefer to sneak under the radar and
try to keep any opposition uninformed.

I also check the two local online newspapers for any happenings on the horizon that could be a problem.

Since many towns have gone "electronic", get on the town selectmen/town council Email list. I get the agenda sent to me automatically every week. Just hours before I read this, our next agenda is about the warrant articles for the annual town meeting. I'll be paying our selectmen's secretary a visit to view the list of articles to make sure nothing onerous is planned.

I live in a fairly conservative freedom-leaning town. Found out last week that our Karate instructor is very left wing and thinks that ALL guns are just bad. [rolleyes] Nice guy. But dude. You are a master and can take out 8 guys by yourself (assuming they are unarmed). What's granny gonna do???

I grew up in Topsfield. In the 80's it was the blackest if black. The chief at the time would not issue a "pistol permit" unless you kept the gun at a club. Glad to hear times have changed.

I grew up in Topsfield. In the 80's it was the blackest if black. The chief at the time would not issue a "pistol permit" unless you kept the gun at a club. Glad to hear times have changed.

Who was chief? If that was Keeling, I'd be shocked to hear this as I was pretty sure he was fairly 2A friendly. No idea about the chief that took over when Keeling left (former Sgt. IIRC).

Back
Top Bottom