• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reloading Rifle Cartridges

Fixxah

NES Member
As of yet I have never reloaded any rifle ammo. I am in the process of gathering the necessary equipment and components. What I'm wondering is if there are any individuals who would allow a noob to watch the process and gain some insight as to how to get started?

I know that there are many ways to skin a cat but just like pistol ammo equipment you can never get it right from scratch and end up making multiple orders to finally have it set up correctly. I wish to avoid all the wasted time and money and learn from someone else what to do and not do.

Right now I am using a Hornady LNL progressive for .45 ACP and recently purchased a die set and Wilson trimmer. The cases are all once fired Remington .30-06 that I will eventually be casting bullets for.

Any suggestions for reading material or other will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry if there needs to be more info or this has already been answered elsewhere.

John

Not sure where you live, but your more than welcome to visit, call or ask away.
I just started working up some 30-06 for my Savage.
I'm using an RCBS trimmer and single stage press, RCBS Dies, Remington once fired and Federal unprimed brass. Sierra 165 gr sp bt.
Lots of great loading data on the powder manufacturers web sites, I'm using IMR 3031 and will be using the same powder for 223 target loads as well.

hey John,
you are welcome to come over after I get out of work sometime and see what I do on my Dillon. I reload for .223 on it and use it for progressive reloading as well as a "single stage" press for precision rounds.

Back
Top Bottom