Refinishing / coating Sig mags

I've got a couple of well-used pre-ban Sig mags that really need to be recoated.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places that will put anti-friction coating or something similar on old mags?

Lou (Business End Customs in the dealer section) does refinishing. for mags, i'd imagine Cerakote would be the best bet (for durability...but lets face it, mags see wear.)

Whats wrong with them other than the finish?

If you really want them to look pretty you should probably send the bodies out and get them hard chromed or something.

-Mike

brownells molly coat works well.....regardless if you use them and toss them in and out of your bag the finish will wear again.
I did several AK mags when the molly coat first came out worked very well. stinky though.

Whats wrong with them other than the finish?

If you really want them to look pretty you should probably send the bodies out and get them hard chromed or something.

-Mike

It's not about looking good. I'm getting some rust spots where the finish has worn off. I'm keeping them coated, but I'd like to get a durable finish.

I've got a couple of well-used pre-ban Sig mags that really need to be recoated.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places that will put anti-friction coating or something similar on old mags?

I did ROBAR NP3 on 10 mags and it wears great. Next time they run a special I will do more. Send the whole mag and they do the whole mag. If these are well worn, I would put new springs in them before I sent them. They do the springs too.

Last edited:

This has probably been posted before, but this is a nicely illustrated tutorial on refinishing AR-15 aluminum magazines.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=332

Back
Top Bottom