Recommendations for handgun accuracy/technique training

I have no doubt that what you say is true.
I get a number of shooters each year that have gone your route and can not shoot.
You say that I think my way is better. The problem with your statement is that I do not have a single way.
What we are good at is diagnosing the base problem and showing the student how to solve the problem.
All students are different and there is no canned answer

Btw, one of the "top shooters" advised one of our students to simply hold high right to stop missing low left.
This approach worked well for him as long as he knew the distance, but failed miserably when he did not know the distance or when he was moving toward or away from the target.

I guess that if a student asks the right question of the right person, he/she will get good help.

I know for a fact that no top local uspsa shooter would not recommend holding high right. We do recommend holding 2/3 high on plate racks and paper targets.
I also do not know of any shooters that have worked with a top local uspsa shooter and then has gone to your class. And I haven't worked with anyone from your class. There probably not much cross over.

I'm sure you do receive a lot of shooters that have been giving incorrect instruction from friends, .mil or police agencies.

I also do not know of any shooters that have worked with a top local uspsa shooter and then has gone to your class. And I haven't worked with anyone from your class. There probably not much cross over.

FWIW, I took a 2 day intro class from Jim&Co in 2008 when I started. I don't agree 100% now with everything they taught then, but I think it was an excellent foundation. I haven't taken a class from NEShooters since, so I'm not sure how their POI has evolved. I have trained alongside them in classes from the traveling trainers they bring in, and they're very receptive to learning from others. IMO, that's the mark of a good teacher.

I think the confusion probably comes from who you or I know are the top local shooters vs who someone who thinks kentucky windage is good advice thinks they are.

Supermoto, if you ran a class targeted at getting average C class shooters like me on the path to your level, I'd sign up.

Jar,
Noidlight and I ran a practice that was geared to newer shooters every Sat for the last 2 years, but since I have moved and he is busy, we stopped. But if there were a few shooters that want to do an informal class, I would do that on a weekend I'm back in MA. I just don't have an access to a range with targets and steel anymore.

Harvard used to run a class after a match taught be Scott B and Matt J. They did a good job

Supermoto, if you ran a class targeted at getting average C class shooters like me on the path to your level, I'd sign up.

This would be cool. I'd be in.

Also, I'm assuming since I shoot around C class, my joke above about Kentucky windage was not taken as a serious suggestion.

Jar,
Noidlight and I ran a practice that was geared to newer shooters every Sat for the last 2 years, but since I have moved and he is busy, we stopped. But if there were a few shooters that want to do an informal class, I would do that on a weekend I'm back in MA. I just don't have an access to a range with targets and steel anymore.

Harvard used to run a class after a match taught be Scott B and Matt J. They did a good job

We still have everything and we can put something together. I just cannot commit every Saturday like we used to until spring. I would love to pick a Saturday and do something. The walls need repair first.

Back
Top Bottom