Really Dumb Question on Ammo Boxes

I don't think I've ever heard of "the authorities" giving someone a hard time about not using the original containers. Since it's a regulation, not a law, I'm not sure what the consequences would be, but I'm sure the Fire Chief and the Chief of Police chat from time to time. Losing your LTC is probably the consequence to worry about.

Well. Its not a law.

But either way. Thank you for enlightening me to this CMR. I was unaware of this ridiculousness.

And on a practical level. $100 to anyone who can find a single instance of someone being arrested or their LTC revoked for failing to store ammo in original containers.

Okay so I’ve got a bunch of MTM ammo boxes for 9mm and I’m finding it’s not as easy taking a round out as it is in some of the ammo boxes that come with some brands i.e. non bulk boxed ammo— because its point down so you’re grabbing the base while with these it’s point up. ... Anyone else encounter this or am I just being an idiot?

2013-04-17-18.23.51.jpg

[crying]
I put bulk range packs, even the ones in trays, in to MTM boxes. ... My OCD CDO says 99 rounds is no bueno, so I shoot a mag of 9 rounds first to help even it all out at the range.

i-have-cdo-its-like-ocd-but-all-the-letters-22467045.png

OK, I'll be the Debbie Downer.
The rediculous MA ammo storage laws require the ammo be stored in it's original factory container.

A friend of mine dumped all of his new factory ammo in ziploc bags
for absolutely no good reason whatsoever
before he brought his gear to his outdoor range qualification.

Even though the actual range time ain't no big thang,
stress from Fear Of The Unknown meant it was only sheer luck
that he put the right boolits in the right boomsticks.

As far as I can tell, the worst scenario for his set of calibers
would have been a lone undersized round feeding all the way through
a pistol chamber, and coming to rest with the case rim sitting on the throat;
and when it didn't fire, a tap/rack/bang causing a full-sized round to
impact the primer of the peewee.

He was advised to put the remaining rounds
back in the (correct) boxes when he got home.

Reloaders will rightly claim that they operate at a much higher level of insight.
Yet they have many more opportunities to Have A Bad Day when they cut corners...

This thread is a trip. I use plastic Planters Peanut jars for subterranean storage.

I LIKE IT.

Lingering traces of peanut may trigger anaphylactic shock in assailants with allergies.

I don't think I've ever heard of "the authorities" giving someone a hard time about not using the original containers. Since it's a regulation, not a law, ...

Not all laws are regulations,
but all regulations are laws.
(The FCC doesn't call Part 97 "operating suggestions", eh?)

... I'm not sure what the consequences would be, but I'm sure the Fire Chief and the Chief of Police chat from time to time. Losing your LTC is probably the consequence to worry about.

Many Fire Chiefs probably go through life ignorant of the reg,
but I agree you've probably figured out the worst-case scenario there.

I was unaware of this ridiculousness.
It's Massachusetts. I was confused why anyone would question the existence of a nonsensical, ridiculous law. Now, if the law actually made sense and fixed the intended problem without causing a variety of unintended consequences, that's a MA law I would say didn't really exist.

Back
Top Bottom