Re-wat a papered sub machine gun?

I have an opportunity to buy a registered WWII era submachine gun. The firearm is currently de-wated but is legal to make functional again. All paperwork is complete and legit.

Does anyone here have any idea who would be good for performing this work and how much it is likely to cost?

The barrel is welded closed at the chamber. The entire gun is matching serial number. I'd like to do as little damage as possible.

GFA ARMS TEC, in Natick MA. 508-314-3094 He deals in full auto.

Permit me to put my two sense in.....I spoke to Greg at GFA this morning. on the recommendation from someone that PM'ed off of a post on this forum two evenings ago....I am a noob here but have been shooting 30+ years.....I managed to find a SCAR 16 in the less accurate FDE color which will join its larger brother that appears below......they seem to be a real class act...imagine finding an LGS in MA....to complete a sale to Cook County, IL......I was very impressed.

photo-(79).jpg

I would have a chat with Marc over at Zero Hour Arms in Easton, he is pretty knowledgeable about WWII era weapons.

Agreed. They do a fair amount of manufacturing/repair on full auto stuff.

Beecher Tool: Nice Randall in the photo! Is that a Model 15 with Saw Teeth/No Sawteeth optioned blade?

That would depend on what the dewat is. Some people have different specialties.

And stop busting our balls........[smile][smile][smile]

It depends on the gun, and the extent of the DEWATTing. You might also do better if you ask the question on a "bigger" NFA site, subguns.com or similar. You will find there are guys who have known reputations for certain types of guns. Also a lot of dewatts aren't to hard to rewatt, depends on your level of skills (I've done a few of my own)...

I have a friend that got a de-mil'ed MP40 with full paperwork. He took it to Manchester Firing Line and they were able to restore it including the correct stampings , and then He sold it to them

I have an opportunity to buy a registered WWII era submachine gun. The firearm is currently de-wated but is legal to make functional again. All paperwork is complete and legit.

Does anyone here have any idea who would be good for performing this work and how much it is likely to cost?

The barrel is welded closed at the chamber. The entire gun is matching serial number. I'd like to do as little damage as possible.

If it is properly stamped then you can do it yourself. Any reputable 02SOT can get it running again. If the barrel has been welded and that is the only thing done to dewat it then replacing the barrel is a easy way to fix rather then trying to re machine the one on it. Call Bender at 919.499.6280 if he can not do it he can tell you who can do the best job..

Back
Top Bottom