Rattlecan Paintjob

Love that scout rifle. Did you drip from a paintbrush to get that pattern? And you're a southpaw! Cool. I'm also a southpaw for most things but I shoot righty. Is that chickenwire? Seems to work great for rocks. Maybe I'll do a Red River Gorge version like that out of red sandstone colors.
Yes to drizzling paint.
Yes to southpaw.
Not chicken wire - netting from a batting cage and a stencil from DuraCoat.

I def plan on giving my Anderson the Crylon touch but can’t bring myself to paint my dads Colt

Then same as before I'm going to make alternating 4" wide stripes, this time with 2 darker colors. Krylon camo dark brown and rustoleum camo green. Great mud colors.

View attachment 882054

And here it is with the tape all peeled away, except the lenes and rubber parts.

View attachment 882055

I could have stopped here and that would be fine, but nothing in rural KY is bright and shiny. So I mixed some colors, making a slightly darker green and a slightly darker khaki and using a sea sponge to splotch ramdomly and try to make some texture. Then used a piece of mesh bag and krylon camo flat black to put some digi effect because f*** it, it's the f***ing future. Then I took my lightest color, the army green, and slightly sprayed the bottom of the rifle down, making the bottom lighter. Then I took my darkest non black color, the camo brown, and make the top darker. This is also counter intuitive, but you want to pull shadows upward to make them look more natural and less human. Then I very lightly coated a small section at a time with camo black and immediately wiped it down to make it look dirty. The wife said it looked like I dragged it through the mud behind an ATV, which is exactly what I was going for.

View attachment 882056

And here it is under a tree in afternoon shade.

View attachment 882057
Cool came out nice.
But honestly, that’s a gross waste of tape. You probably blew seven dollars in tape lol. Went above and beyond prepping that than I would do for a simple, rattle can paint job. the parts you don’t clean off good wear quickly and give it that battle worn look.

Cool came out nice.
But honestly, that’s a gross waste of tape. You probably blew seven dollars in tape lol. Went above and beyond prepping that than I would do for a simple, rattle can paint job. the parts you don’t clean off good wear quickly and give it that battle worn look.
I used leaves and random stuff I found outside instead if tape

Back
Top Bottom