Ranges/Gun clubs in Wakefield NH area?

Thanks to all for the replies.

What legal issues would this bring up? (crossing state lines, etc.)

Ahh, the Mass mindset. IANAL, but in free america there are no restrictions traveling state to state. And in Northen New England there is no permit required to possess a firearm. As long as you are not a prohibited person, no one cares.

No loaded long guns in cars due to poaching concerns, loaded handguns require a carry license from the state... if they are secured and unloaded, drive to the range, load up and have at it.

I belong to Carroll County Fish and Game on rte 113 on the Madison/Conway line, about a 25 minute ride up rte 16. 100 yard outdoor range, trout pond, 35.00/year dues. Go past the club to the little store on the right and go inside to sign up and pay dues to join.

These two are are within a half hour of Wakefield:

# Tamworth - Bearcamp Valley Sportsman's Club, P.O. Box 166, Tamworth, NH 03886.
Phone: 603-323-7354
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (100 yds), Outdoor Rifle, Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Muzzleloading, Trap

# Moultonboro - Winnipesaukee Sportsmen's Club, P.O. box 192, Moultonboro, NH 03254.
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25 50 & 100 yds), Outdoor Rifle (25 50 & 100 yds), Skeet, Archery
Hours of Operation: 9:00AM to sunset
Web Site: winnisportsmensclub.org

These two are in Maine, but on the NH border:

Sanford - Sanford/Springvale Fish and Game Assoc., Off Rte 109 - Airport Complex, Sanford, ME 04073.
Phone: 207-324-4123
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25, 50 & 100 yds), Outdoor Rifle (25, 50 & 100 yds), Muzzleloading, Skeet, Archery

This is the closest to Wakefield NH:

West Newfield - Northern York County Rod & Gun Club, Lewis Hill Road, West Newfield, West Newfield, ME 04095.
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol, Outdoor Rifle, Rifle Silhouette, Muzzleloading, Trap, Skeet, Airgun
Web Site: www.nycrg.org

Thanks a lot to all! I have a lot of checking out to do.

BTW, I had to laugh about the "Mass mindset" thing. Right on the mark--it never occurred to me I could just drive back and forth to a range in another state (legally).

Thanks again, everybody!

OP stated mainly long gun, maybe pistol and Malden, MA is no where near Wakefield NH either. How is this helpful?

Because sometimes you need to belong to multiple clubs. I belong to MVGC, but am currently looking for a clay and rifle place in the same area. I will maintain both (as many do) because I like the convenience of having a pistol club close by.

Because sometimes you need to belong to multiple clubs. I belong to MVGC, but am currently looking for a clay and rifle place in the same area. I will maintain both (as many do) because I like the convenience of having a pistol club close by.

The OP was looking for recommendations for a place to shoot primarily long guns near Wakefield NEW HAMPSHIRE which is not exactly just around the corner from Malden, MA.

The OP was looking for recommendations for a place to shoot primarily long guns near Wakefield NEW HAMPSHIRE which is not exactly just around the corner from Malden, MA.

Qmmo....my bad....I live near Wakefield....so immediately focused on that. Sorry.....my bad....you get a free punch! LOL

Back
Top Bottom