quick CMP question

im getting alll my info and paperwork together to get a garand, though CMP.
however im just a little stumped on do they ship it to my house, or a FFL.

im just wondering so i know what to put the shipping address is?
also with ammo one im all set i can order ammo and they drop it off at my house??

thanks alot man, filing out the paper work as we speak , expect pics in 30 - 45 days

It's gonna be a little longer than that. They are very backed up. I placed my order in mid November. I've gotten my DBU (don't bother us) e-mail acknowledging receipt of the order (NOT processing of it). They haven't processed the order, contacted about ammo substitution, or charged my CC yet. It'll be worth the wait, but the wait is a little longer these days.

They will require an adult signature for FedEx, too.

When I got my first CMP rifle, I checked the FEDEX online site to track my order. It said it was delivered.

I called my wife who just got home and who found the box on the porch. She wasn't there to sign for it.

After rechecking the website, I found out that I had signed for the delivery.

Pretty cool since I was 20 miles away at the time !

When I got my first CMP rifle, I checked the FEDEX online site to track my order. It said it was delivered.

I called my wife who just got home and who found the box on the porch. She wasn't there to sign for it.

After rechecking the website, I found out that I had signed for the delivery.

Pretty cool since I was 20 miles away at the time !

You had no idea you were a remote telekinetic, did you?

[rofl]

I guess my local FedEx driver might have a higher level of 'give a shit' about his job. Sometimes I think that's a good thing, and sometimes I think it's not. It depends. I am impressed by my UPS driver - he hides packages better than anyone I've met!

I've only ordered ammo from them and there was a great variance in delivery times. The first time it took almost 2 months as they were very busy. The second and third time it was only about 2 weeks.

First CMP order was delivered by FedEx while I was out, but contractors were here (major house renovations back then). The 3 carpenters are all hunters and knew what it was but FedEx took it back.

Second attempt I was here and saw that someone at FedEx had neatly CUT all but two of the reinforced tape bands around the box (only upper and lower bands were still intact). I notified CMP and was livid enough to almost contact BATFE (don't recall if I did or not) over the attempted theft. It was a Greek M1 and still in all the cosmoline, so the thief probably got a handful when he reached in and decided it wasn't worth stealing.

It's gonna be a little longer than that. They are very backed up. I placed my order in mid November. I've gotten my DBU (don't bother us) e-mail acknowledging receipt of the order (NOT processing of it). They haven't processed the order, contacted about ammo substitution, or charged my CC yet. It'll be worth the wait, but the wait is a little longer these days.

Eisenhow --

Were you shooting at Concord Wed. night??? Coincidentally, I was asking someone from Westford last night about what they had ordered from CMP...musta been your twin brother as his ordering situation sounds the same as yours! [grin]

-ed

Very Cool!!

We don't get back together for another match until sometime in March, so see you then!! If you've got your rifle by then, bring it with you!!

-ed

Back
Top Bottom