Questions on MA laws regarding reloading

I know that most places wont ship powder or primers to MA but what about bullets and brass? Are there any restrictions? I ask because I am wondering if I can ship that stuff to the Commonwealth. Thanks

Not trying to put you off . . .

Set your User CP to "show all threads" and go to the gun laws forum. Do an Advanced Search (only if the Stickies don't address your issues) for "reloading", "out of state", etc. and you should find a ton of info on the situation.

Very brief (and incomplete) rundown:

- As long as the person taking possession (buying) has a LTC or FID (rifle ammo only) card, it is NOT illegal to ship components to them (any components). You as the seller should request a copy of said documents and a signed statement that they are not otherwise a prohibited person.

- In MA, ALL components (even a spent .22LR shell casing) are "controlled substances" and require a permit. BTW, also true for drilled out bullet key-rings.

- Our previous AG "determined" (AG "opinion") that ALL SALES being shipped into MA were "TRANSACTED IN MA" and therefore the seller had to have a MA Ammo Sales License (only issued by town in MA that you are selling in) in order to consummate said sale. Since out-of-state dealers can't get the Ammo License, ergo they were told by the AG that they could not ship anything into MA under threat of civil fines. Most out of state dealers complied by refusing to ship anything into MA.

- The new AG has taken no steps to retract this "opinion" nor has she persecuted any out of state dealers, so the current situation is "status quo" and/or unknown (pick one).

HTH

Soooooo....

Not trying to put you off . . .

Set your User CP to "show all threads" and go to the gun laws forum. Do an Advanced Search (only if the Stickies don't address your issues) for "reloading", "out of state", etc. and you should find a ton of info on the situation.

Very brief (and incomplete) rundown:

- As long as the person taking possession (buying) has a LTC or FID (rifle ammo only) card, it is NOT illegal to ship components to them (any components). You as the seller should request a copy of said documents and a signed statement that they are not otherwise a prohibited person.

- In MA, ALL components (even a spent .22LR shell casing) are "controlled substances" and require a permit. BTW, also true for drilled out bullet key-rings.

- Our previous AG "determined" (AG "opinion") that ALL SALES being shipped into MA were "TRANSACTED IN MA" and therefore the seller had to have a MA Ammo Sales License (only issued by town in MA that you are selling in) in order to consummate said sale. Since out-of-state dealers can't get the Ammo License, ergo they were told by the AG that they could not ship anything into MA under threat of civil fines. Most out of state dealers complied by refusing to ship anything into MA.

- The new AG has taken no steps to retract this "opinion" nor has she persecuted any out of state dealers, so the current situation is "status quo" and/or unknown (pick one).

HTH

Would my Quigly Down Under bullet the NRA sent me last year for re-upping get me in trouble?

Would my Quigly Down Under bullet the NRA sent me last year for re-upping get me in trouble?

Don't know what this looks like, but if it has any "real" components in it, you must have an appropriate license or you "COULD" be prosecuted. That's how ridiculous the law is written. Even with drilled holes, etc. this is legally true. Probably the prosecution would be laughed out of the courthouse, but the law is "clear" (as well as absurd).

It was just a cast model of the bullet with Selleck's name on it

but my teenage son had his eye on it and I seriously hid it so he wouldn't take it to school and get thrown into prison until he was fourty (following a school lock-down and seep by SWAT of course)

Back
Top Bottom