• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question: Wiley X Safety Glasses

I'm looking for a pair of scrip safety glasses - the Wiley X SG-1 seem to come highly recomended.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/wileyxsg1.html

Does anyone have a pair, or know of a store in the area (Boston, but I'd drive a ways to find them) that sells them? I'd have to order them online with my scrip, but I'd like to try them on first to make sure they fit well.

Also, does anyone else have a recomendation for script shooting glasses? I like the Wileys because they change from glasses to goggle, and have interchangable lenses.

Thanks!

http://www.lapolicegear.com/wileyxsg1.html

I was given some Wiley X glasses to use while riding my motorcycle (Try your local motorcycle shops). I have a problem with fogging them, but, I have a problem fogging any glasses. My good friend who I ride with most of the time has a pair with prescription lenses and he wears them all the time on his bike and swears by them. I think they even automatically darken for him.

I have 2 pair, they are great.

1) Brick - in Clear - wear them almost all the time for any kind of shooting activity.

2) JP-2 - in polarized red mirror. These couldn't look cooler if you were designing cool from scratch, but in hindsight, not the correct lens for shooting unless its the brighest of days

Not sure that the goggle thing is such a necessity, the Bricks have never come off my head. Almost all of the models have the gasketing seal if you like the goggleis feel. I find the wrap around nature of the brick/top jimmieesque variety does not require the use of the seals to protect your eyes so fogging is not really a problem.

Locally the only place that I know locally (Boston area) that carries them is Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates - at their optical shop at the West Roxbury location (right on the VFW Parkway).

The only had a few models (don't think they had the SG-1s) but it guided my thinking in terms of fit.

As for purchasing them, you will NOT find a deal in price there. I bought them directly from the Wiley-X web portal. Talked directly to their technical folks and they can really help you out on options, depending on your perscription they will steer you to a set that will work. Because of the design of the lenses, if you have a strong perscription your options will be limited.

Hope that helps.

I have a pair issued by my unit (Polar and clear lens). I had no problems with the Wiley X. They went thru massive abuse in Iraq and many sandstorms and held up great. Compared to the many goggles/glasses issued to me the Wiley topped them all in comfort, durability, and options.

I have them. Very durable, good design, but I do have a fogging problem with the SG-1's. Mine have the V-Cut foam.

Back
Top Bottom