Question 10 on LTC App.

As a former police chief once told me . . . he found it very unbelievable that someone I know "forgot about spending a night in jail" once upon a time. He declared the individual "unsuitable" . . . and so would I (and I don't know why this person spent a night in jail)!

Having been in jail cells as part of my job as a LEO, I can tell you that there is no way that I would ever have forgotten if I wasn't free to walk out of it when I felt like it! I found it unnerving just being in a cell even though I wasn't being detained. One Boston Marathon, the Hopkinton PD was so over-run with LEOs that they told us to use the urinals in the cells . . . even though I knew that the cameras were turned off, I found the experience very disconcerting!

Scared straight!

.... One Boston Marathon, the Hopkinton PD was so over-run with LEOs that they told us to use the urinals in the cells . . . even though I knew that the cameras were turned off, I found the experience very disconcerting!
Len,
Lucky the smart ass licensing officer didn't lock you in[wink]

Len,
Lucky the smart ass licensing officer didn't lock you in[wink]

[rofl] I think it was before your time my friend!

We stopped going there when my chief asked your chief "of course you are covering my men under YOUR insurance aren't you?" and got a big NO! response. That was the last year we did "mutual aid" at the Boston Marathon. We used to send 1 cruiser and 5-10 guys down for the day.

with me, i truly did not know if it was criminal or civil. it happened years ago, I was never arrested (still haven't been i might add), dismissed in front of a magistrate and forgotten. then it showed up in the app. so i answered yes just in case.

This was a case of shooting a rifle within 500 ft of a road. we were shooting in an area which was allowed and we were walking back to the car when we were stopped. the officer was off duty and had heard the shots while driving in the area. he saw us walking back to the car and assumed we were doing it right there and not in the allowed location. something to do about the sounds bouncing of the trees. anyway he took the rifles and we had to go before the magistrate to get them back. the magistrate dismissed it at that time.

so no arrest, no jail, no courtroom. as a result i didn't know what kind of case it was.

Magistrate = court room for the intent and purposes of "have you ever appeared in court . . . " on a LTC/FID application form.

FYI... A CORI is not the complete search for people who think they may have a juvi record. A CORI check, according to the CHSB staff, supposedly includes your juvi record. Some lower level staff in the unit will even tell you to include a note requesting this full record... BUT... You will not get your complete record. Be sure the local police will get this information. It took me about 20 calls and drilling down to manager level staff at the CHSB to uncover this cute little fact. Here is a little write-up on the process:

The Commissioner of Probation is in charge of maintaining those (Juvi) records and will only allow an individual to request his/her record directly by a special form. The client has to call and request that a form be sent for them to fill out. They don’t have an advocate form like the CORI unit. Once the request is made, the Office of the CoP sends the form to the client, it gets filled out, sent back in, and within 2 day of receipt the juvi report is sent back to the client for free. Very quick in comparison to the CORI unit!!! They also said that my client may be able to find a copy of this form at their location probation department.

Last edited:
FYI... A CORI is not the complete search for people who think they may have a juvi record. A CORI check, according to the CHSB staff, supposedly includes your juvi record. Some lower level staff in the unit will even tell you to include a note requesting this full record... BUT... You will not get your complete record. Be sure the local police will get this information. It took me about 20 calls and drilling down to manager level staff at the CHSB to uncover this cute little fact. Here is a little write-up on the process:

thanks for the info!! this stuff is all new to me.

Back
Top Bottom