QR mounts for AR rails

Looked at other threads, about a million posts to go through and can't get a good sense...

Want to put red dot and scope on QR for AR15 so I can interchange easily.

Have seen lots of talk about Larue's, so I looked them up, and holy crap, very expensive. I will purchase if worthwhile, but just wanted to know if there are other brands that will hold zero well and I can have scope on one set, and red dot on another set, and easily take on and off. The optic is the Nikon 3-9x for .223's, which is a pretty big scope. I will take the time to zero well, so if the QR doesn't come back to zero when putting back on, not worth it.

Don't know if Larue is pricey because they are great, or because you are paying for the name, and there are other brands that work as well, or 'almost' as well. I need to purchase 2 sets, so price starts to become an issue.

I have also considered dual mounting, but one on the side, or one on top of the other don't seem as good as just being able to have either 1 or the other on there.

Thanks.

That might be a tall order. What's your zero on both optics?
I own a La Rue mount that hugs my aimpoint t2 micro. The mount is solid and well worth the money but i don't know if there is a mount made where your zero wouldn't move a hair at longer distances.

Kinetic Development I have their MRO mount it hold zero when I removed it and put back on. they also make 30mm scope mounts too. but like Ink said they all move just by how much.

Looked at other threads, about a million posts to go through and can't get a good sense...

Want to put red dot and scope on QR for AR15 so I can interchange easily.

Have seen lots of talk about Larue's, so I looked them up, and holy crap, very expensive. I will purchase if worthwhile, but just wanted to know if there are other brands that will hold zero well and I can have scope on one set, and red dot on another set, and easily take on and off. The optic is the Nikon 3-9x for .223's, which is a pretty big scope. I will take the time to zero well, so if the QR doesn't come back to zero when putting back on, not worth it.

Don't know if Larue is pricey because they are great, or because you are paying for the name, and there are other brands that work as well, or 'almost' as well. I need to purchase 2 sets, so price starts to become an issue.

I have also considered dual mounting, but one on the side, or one on top of the other don't seem as good as just being able to have either 1 or the other on there.

Thanks.

I have a early larue 104QD. As for return to zero function I will say this.
For hits on target combat zero it comes close enough. Especially with a red dot or other quick point and shoot for hits on target shooting optics.
I had it mounted with my luepold VX-3 and I would have to fine tun it back into the X ring a little each time I mounted...maybe a minute of so.
With a good QD mount and optics you should get a decent return to zero.
I will say your zero shift from changing ammo brands will have more changes in zero than a quality QD mount.

I have 3 Larue mounts, one for a Primary Arms 4x14 scope, 1 for an aimpoint PRO and 1 flip to side 3x magnifier mount.
The magnifier mount I got used for short money.
It had obviously been used and abused but still worked flawlessly.
I was impessed enough with the quality that I bought the other 2 at full retail.
I highly recommend Larue stuff.
They throw some free stuff (Hat, bottle opener, dillo dust) in the box also, so that takes a bit of the sting out of the prices.

Another +1 for American Defense mounts. LaRue is also top notch but you obviously pay a bit for the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinetic Development I have their MRO mount it hold zero when I removed it and put back on. they also make 30mm scope mounts too. but like Ink said they all move just by how much.

I have this same sidelok mount on the same optic (MRO). I've been very impressed with it. Great design and rock solid.

Last edited:
The ADMs are very nice. I really like Bobro with it's self adjusting clamp. LaRue and the others mentioned all dig into the upper. The Bobro does the least damage if you care about that.

if your larue mount is digging into your rail you either did not adjust the locking lever correctly or your rail is made of soft alloy.

The ADMs are very nice. I really like Bobro with it's self adjusting clamp. LaRue and the others mentioned all dig into the upper. The Bobro does the least damage if you care about that.

The KDG mounts don't hit the sides of the rails the way the cantilever designs do. I like the Bobro mounts too, but was never a fan of how wide they are.

if your larue mount is digging into your rail you either did not adjust the locking lever correctly or your rail is made of soft alloy.

Perhaps more like leave a mark. Most of these friction based mounts with the slide action will mar the rails. The engineering on the Bobro with the springs and self adjusting clamps works very well and to me leaves less of a footprint on the rail. Minor detail. Not a concern for most.

The KDG mounts don't hit the sides of the rails the way the cantilever designs do. I like the Bobro mounts too, but was never a fan of how wide they are.

Agree, the base on the Bobro is big. But when compared to the ADM Recon, the Bobro at it's widest point including the clamp was 1mm narrower and it weighed almost a full ounce less.

Agree, the base on the Bobro is big. But when compared to the ADM Recon, the Bobro at it's widest point including the clamp was 1mm narrower and it weighed almost a full ounce less.

When I was shopping around for my first Bobro mount 5+ years ago I had a question about being able to flip the mount to have the lever on one side or the other so I shot them an email at 10AM on a Sunday morning. Within 15 minutes I had a reply from Andrew Bobro answering my question and adding a little bonus insight relevant to my particular setup. That, together with the quality of the product, made buying one an easy decision.

Back
Top Bottom