Purchasing online

Hi all,
Due to lots of unpleasant things that I won’t bore you with, I haven’t been spending much time here in quite a while. I don’t think I even knew the airgun forum existed until just the other day.
I don’t see this having been discussed yet, so I’ll bring it up. Hopefully, it’s not a forbidden topic.
I’m not big into airguns, but I do own a few. Nothing fancy. Daisys and Crosmans, basically. Like a typical noob, who just wants to avoid any hassles from the man, I’ve let the state of assachusetts scare me into not plinking in my own back yard. So, while I may be a small time collector, as of yet, I’m not an enjoyer.
The question I’ve had, ever since I first developed an interest in airguns, is why a certain major online shopping site refuses to sell the guns or their ammunition to anyone in this lousy state. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to name said website. But, they have blue delivery vans, and offer Prime membership.
In an online chat with a representative, or possibly an electronic facsimile thereof, I was told to read a specific chapter of assachusetts law. When I did so, I found that it was the same law that I had already read multiple times, trying to find any sort of restriction on the online purchase of airguns. I see nothing. Also, if such a restriction existed, I would think I wouldn’t be able to purchase said items from ANY online retailer. As it stands, I’ve only found this one who refuses to sell here.
Yes, I can and have “taken my business elsewhere”. But, a lot of times, I’m missing out on considerable savings by doing so; especially with regard to BBs and pellets.
I guess I’m just wondering if anyone else is frustrated by this. Or, if you’ve found a way around it. If nothing else, maybe someone else would just like to join me in complaining about this policy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know I can get a bit long-winded at times.

Barry

I agree with both of these responses.
It’s just irritating that we have to miss out on getting the best prices on stuff because our state’s rulers suck.
And, yes. If there was any possible way that I could move out of this state, I would have done it by now. Not that it’s not getting worse everywhere. But, at least temporarily, it would be nice to experience more freedom.

Try to buy a knife from the same said website. Some are a-ok like some kitchen knives and others, the black Killy looking ones are verboten to sell in Massachusetts.

Theres two great airgun shops right in Taxsachusetts. Convenience of to your door delivery is great but hitting a brick and motor store for hands on experience and knowledgeable employees has its perks too. There’s a third around here somewhere too but haven’t gotten to that one yet.

There are far better places to by air guns than Amazon.

Plan a nice long day and head out to the

Then go on up to New England Air Gun

Theres a great fruit stand on the way also.

Back
Top Bottom