• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pumps for 55 Gallon drums ?

I've been looking for a couple of pumps to extract water, but so far most have pretty bad reviews and some people say they never found one that's worth the money and keeps its quality over the years.

Does anyone have a pump they would recommend - one they tested themselves ?

212256F-p.jpg
Foot pump used on boats. They work well. Google whale foot pump or marine foot pump.

garden and disqualified for drinking ?

food grade equipment will have materials/lubricants that are safe to consume. Also, it is cleanable - no trapped volumes or crevices you can't get to where bacteria can hang out waiting to give you "intestinal distress".

1. I'd say drinking water (because in that case, it would work both for drinking and garden), however - why should a pump be good only for
garden and disqualified for drinking ?

2. Manual pump

there are just so many options--you trying to fill a bucket or pump water up a pipe into the house?

you can just siphon if you're going down hill even slightly--simple is best.

or maybe just simple pitcher style pump would do it. Not sure which make/model exactly but they run in the $50 range

http://store.waterpumpsupply.com/hanpitpum1.html

Last edited:
As silly as it sounds Ocean State Job Lot has these small hand pumps for under five dollars. The ones my dad and I got work pretty good and my dad fitted his threw his Sawyer drinking filter so he can pump fresh drinking water.

For a cheap pump it works, and I know have one for my walk home bag and several at the house. I'm interested in a better unit, till then these work.

Jason.

They will attempt to tax it first, then regulate it before the ban comes.[smile]

Hey, nobody is trying to *ban* gravity, we just want to have universal background checks to make sure that gravity users aren't crazy, and registration to make sure that we know who gravity users are.

Hey, nobody is trying to *ban* gravity, we just want to have universal background checks to make sure that gravity users aren't crazy, and registration to make sure that we know who gravity users are.

There are kids falling down EVERY day! This has to stop!

BAN! BAN! BAN!

It's for the CHILDREN!!

Back
Top Bottom