• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Protestors gather in Akron after police finally release footage of Jayland Walker shooting: Black DoorDash driver, 25, who cops say opened fire on

CSI effect happening with police videos now. If it's not crystal clear on the dash/chest cam, it's never going to be good enough.

I'm not saying anything about this incident, or 'you' in particular, if they put rounds into him after he was down, that's 'bad' generally speaking. I watched some of the video and it was so jittery, I turned it off.

The video is very jittery and I can see much detail in the actions of the dead guy. There technology which clean up the video and make it clearer and less jittery, that may help see what was going on.

Even if he had a gun at the time of the shooting, once he’s down and not a threat, there is no way to excuse the additional shots. I’m the sure the cops were wiped up and adrenaline flowing but that isn’t an excuse for the public, it’s not an excuse for cops. You can only use deadly force to stop the threat, once the threat is over, your legal ability to use deadly force is over.

I’m sure he was essentially dead before he hit the ground (there were probably fatal shots to his torso but his brain may have still been functioning due to the remaining oxygen in his blood stream which could allow him to move for 15-20 seconds). Legally I’m not sure how that could be charged. If he’s dead before he hit the ground or the fatal shots were before he was down, you can’t be charged with murder for shooting a dead body but excessive force could be a charge.

It will be interesting to see how the WH and pudding brain try to exploit this for mid term election get out the vote.

Come on now , you know they never shoot white guys .

Worst cop shooting I’ve ever seen was Daniel shaver in Arizona. Not only was the cop found not guilty, he won an arbitration to get his job back after getting fired, then claimed PTSD and retired with a lifetime medical disability pension. I think he was around 32 years old. How the jury acquitted is unbelievable, it was cold blooded murder. Shaver was literally on his knees and zero threat.

Laquan McDonald in Chicago was a terrible shooting, zero thieat, cop only got 8 years, I think he served 4 and is already out. North Charleston SC shooting was as bad.

On the other side of Ohio, a non cop was just convicted of firing too many shot. He was acquitted on murder, that was found to be self defense but he was convicted on firing other rounds. 6-12 year sentence

Branca did a segment on it.
View: https://youtu.be/BEvSf1KcS5U

The video is very jittery and I can see much detail in the actions of the dead guy. There technology which clean up the video and make it clearer and less jittery, that may help see what was going on.

Even if he had a gun at the time of the shooting, once he’s down and not a threat, there is no way to excuse the additional shots. I’m the sure the cops were wiped up and adrenaline flowing but that isn’t an excuse for the public, it’s not an excuse for cops. You can only use deadly force to stop the threat, once the threat is over, your legal ability to use deadly force is over.

I’m sure he was essentially dead before he hit the ground (there were probably fatal shots to his torso but his brain may have still been functioning due to the remaining oxygen in his blood stream which could allow him to move for 15-20 seconds). Legally I’m not sure how that could be charged. If he’s dead before he hit the ground or the fatal shots were before he was down, you can’t be charged with murder for shooting a dead body but excessive force could be a charge.

It will be interesting to see how the WH and pudding brain try to exploit this for mid term election get out the vote.
It's the hardest thing to try and put into words for someone. The force has to end when the resistance ends, even one extra pop, if seen/videoed, and you're in jail next to the guy you arrested. It's why I'm such a huge fan of Aikido in certain cases, wrist locks, while painful, don't leave marks.

It's the hardest thing to try and put into words for someone. The force has to end when the resistance ends, even one extra pop, if seen/videoed, and you're in jail next to the guy you arrested. It's why I'm such a huge fan of Aikido in certain cases, wrist locks, while painful, don't leave marks.

There a lot of bad information propagated whether through ignorance or bravado BS. You’ll hear people say to fire until you’re out of ammo, etc and that stuff will get you cage bound. Whether it’s deadly force or non deadly force, you can legally use a reasonable amount of force to stop the threat. When the threat is over, you’re legal use of force is over.

Most people can’t shoot someone who attacks you with a whiffle ball bat, you can’t shoot someone who attacked you with a knife as they’re running away, etc. the use of force needs to be reasonable given the people involved (if you are physically frail and could die from a hit from a whiffle ball bat, you’d be allowed deadly force where others would not). All cases are different because the participants are different in age, size, weapons involved are different etc. but in all cases if there isn’t a threat or the threat has ended, you can’t use force especially deadly force.

There a lot of bad information propagated whether through ignorance or bravado BS. You’ll hear people say to fire until you’re out of ammo, etc and that stuff will get you cage bound. Whether it’s deadly force or non deadly force, you can legally use a reasonable amount of force to stop the threat. When the threat is over, you’re legal use of force is over.

Most people can’t shoot someone who attacks you with a whiffle ball bat, you can’t shoot someone who attacked you with a knife as they’re running away, etc. the use of force needs to be reasonable given the people involved (if you are physically frail and could die from a hit from a whiffle ball bat, you’d be allowed deadly force where others would not). All cases are different because the participants are different in age, size, weapons involved are different etc. but in all cases if there isn’t a threat or the threat has ended, you can’t use force especially deadly force.
Or, better yet, if he gets outside your house, drag him back in.......

The crap I've heard over the years vs talking to a prosecutor is an amazing dichotomy. Had to look up that word to make sure I was using it right.

Or, better yet, if he gets outside your house, drag him back in.......

The crap I've heard over the years vs talking to a prosecutor is an amazing dichotomy. Had to look up that word to make sure I was using it right.

lol. Yep dragging him back in definitely won’t look like criminal intent. Or the stuff about plant a knife on them, etc. when you plant evidence, stage the scene, flee to another state or country to hide. It will at minimum appear that you knew it was a crime.

Our martial arts school has been teaching the same FBI disarm for 40 years - the one where you blade your body counterclockwise and stiff-arm the gun with your right arm, then grab the gun with both hand as you counterrotate and step back. With an airsoft gun, even if both know what’s going to happen and the attacker doesn’t fire until the first disarm motion initiates, the disarm almost always works. We tried it at SIG with Simunition and it works well if the defender fully commits.

We’ve always taught to take a few steps back and shoot the attacker with their own gun, presuming they were too close to risk them come back after their gun. But since cameras are everywhere now, we now teach to shout ”hands up, on the ground“ as you’re backing up. We learned that from a local FBI training director who said, they still teach that disarm and command (with caveats about crowded areas), as it’s hard to tell if the attacker is beginning to lunge for the gun or putting their hands up and getting on the ground. Given they just had a gun pointed at your chest, erring on the conservative side makes sense.

Prison inmates practice the Folsom Roll and other anti-police techniques. Police practice shooting criminals. You default to what you practice the most - not getting caught/killed.

Well the Akron PD succeeded at one thing, lighting the racial fuse for an explosive summer.

They didn't do shit. The three blacks who murdered Ethan Liming outside of that school LeBron James are awarded the credit for did that.

That kid's father is a pastor and even he's saying it was racially motivated. It wasn't his two black friends who started the altercation that died, but the white kid who had his neck broken and chest cavity left with a shoe imprint after trying to defuse the situation.

Our martial arts school has been teaching the same FBI disarm for 40 years - the one where you blade your body counterclockwise and stiff-arm the gun with your right arm, then grab the gun with both hand as you counterrotate and step back. With an airsoft gun, even if both know what’s going to happen and the attacker doesn’t fire until the first disarm motion initiates, the disarm almost always works. We tried it at SIG with Simunition and it works well if the defender fully commits.

We’ve always taught to take a few steps back and shoot the attacker with their own gun, presuming they were too close to risk them come back after their gun. But since cameras are everywhere now, we now teach to shout ”hands up, on the ground“ as you’re backing up. We learned that from a local FBI training director who said, they still teach that disarm and command (with caveats about crowded areas), as it’s hard to tell if the attacker is beginning to lunge for the gun or putting their hands up and getting on the ground. Given they just had a gun pointed at your chest, erring on the conservative side makes sense.

Prison inmates practice the Folsom Roll and other anti-police techniques. Police practice shooting criminals. You default to what you practice the most - not getting caught/killed.
Timing and articulation, preferably with a lawyer present, make all the difference.

A fight over a gun, he's still within grabbing distance, it would be up to the prosecutor and the political dynamics. Where I am now, I wouldn't necessarily be concerned. In New York? Yeah, I'd disassemble the gun Jason Borne style and light a Newport.

They didn't do shit. The three blacks who murdered Ethan Liming outside of that school LeBron James are awarded the credit for did that.

That kid's father is a pastor and even he's saying it was racially motivated. It wasn't his two black friends who started the altercation that died, but the white kid who had his neck broken and chest cavity left with a shoe imprint after trying to defuse the situation.
I didn't hear anything about that story and even if though, people have a short memory and this story will get reported with a slanted angle to fan the embers of what was left of BLM.

Worst cop shooting I’ve ever seen was Daniel shaver in Arizona. Not only was the cop found not guilty, he won an arbitration to get his job back after getting fired, then claimed PTSD and retired with a lifetime medical disability pension. I think he was around 32 years old. How the jury acquitted is unbelievable, it was cold blooded murder. Shaver was literally on his knees and zero threat.

Laquan McDonald in Chicago was a terrible shooting, zero thieat, cop only got 8 years, I think he served 4 and is already out. North Charleston SC shooting was as bad.
Was the Shaver one ,the one in the hotel corridor ?
If so , that had to be one of the most disturbing cop videos I ever watched.

Was the Shaver one ,the one in the hotel corridor ?
If so , that had to be one of the most disturbing cop videos I ever watched.

Yes. The cop was a POS want a be Rambo looking to shoot people. He had a number of excessive force complaints if I remember correctly too. Shaver was literally crawling on the floor crying and begging them not to shoot. There’s a place in hell for that cop.

Yes. The cop was a POS want a be Rambo looking to shoot people. He had a number of excessive force complaints if I remember correctly too. Shaver was literally crawling on the floor crying and begging them not to shoot. There’s a place in hell for that cop.
He is out and about with $2500 a month for life and he was 26 at the time of the killing

In August 2018, Brailsford was reinstated by the Mesa Police Department, staying for a further 42 days in what the department described as a "budget position". The department agreed to reimburse Brailsford for medical expenses related to his post-traumatic stress disorder -- the result of his shooting of Shaver and the resultant criminal trial. The reinstatement allowed Brailsford to apply for "accidental disability" experienced during the course of work. As a result, Brailsford was unanimously approved to be retired on medical grounds. Brailsford was also given a pension of $2,500 per month. The fact that Brailsford was ultimately medically retired instead of remaining fired was only revealed to the public in July 2019

good thing they shot him like 45 extra times when he was already flat out on the ground.

I watched most of the body cams. I think cam 2 fired 10-12 rounds after the guy was laying on the ground motionless. Combined there had to be at least 30-40 shots when he was on the ground. Beyond absurd

Back
Top Bottom