PRO-AM Match

We are very seriously considering having a PRO-AM match this year, or two, and I am reaching out to see if there is any interest amongst the shooting community.

We have the facility and the targets to hold a pretty decent match, in my opinion, but I wanted to get a general feel before we undertake a project like this.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, as well as guidance, as we have not tried this type of match before. I'm sure we can come up with some great stage designs but to be honest I'm not sure about two important factors. First, is there enough interest? Second, and probably more importantly, would be figuring out par times for the stages. I'm sure we could wing it and make it very competitive and interesting but I would rather have some input from someone who has experience with these type of matches if possible.

Please email me at [email protected] with any suggestions. I don't log onto here often and direct email is the best way to contact me.

Thank you

Jim,
I'd be very interested too..
The Pro-Am matches I have shot have been some of the best matches I've been to.

Shooting Steel and movement, under pressure - what's not to like.

Do it. Like Mike said, check out the USPSA calendar and choose a day without a conflicting match, maybe a Saturday.

Jim,
Count Jake and I in for any match you run. I have no idea what kind of match it is, but I'm sure it will be fun.

You and your team do an awesome job up at Wallum Lake while other clubs are dropping their action shooting programs you just keep bringing more and more to the table. I just hope you don't burn out your dedicated staff that work very hard up there.

-Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner instead of Tapatalk.

So, according to the schedule that Mike so graciously provided I'm thinking Sunday, July 19. That seems to be clear per that calendar which is cool because I don't want to step on any toes.

General consensus?

Can I shoot it one handed [smile]

I may not be able to shoot it but I'll be down to see it and help out if needed.

It's a heck of an endeavor Jim and kudos to you for trying it, looks like a lot of fun.

It’s official!
A Pro - Am type shooting match.
Where: Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club - 200 Brook Rd - Harrisville, RI 02830
When: Sunday, July 19
Time: 8:00 - 8:30 Registration ; 8:40 - Shooters Meeting ; 9:00 - First shots
What: Six Stages of run and gun. Similar to USPSA with all knockdown steel targets and each stage will have a par time. There will also be a tie breaker stage.
Round Count: 150 targets
Price: $20 per gun. Only one gun in the AM. Second gun will be shot second time around. Limit of two guns per shooter.
Divisions: The same divisions that are used in the Walls of Steel matches will be used here.
FOUR DIVISIONS:
STOCK AUTO – Centerfire semi-automatic. No comps, ports or external weights regardless of source, i.e.., factory ported. No optics.
OPEN AUTO – Any centerfire semi-automatic pistol. All modifications and optics allowed.
STOCK REVOLVER - No comps, ports or external weights regardless of source, i.e.., factory ported. No optics.
OPEN REVOLVER – Any centerfire revolver. All modifications and optics allowed.
Holsters/ Belt/ Mag Pouches: Any holster that safely retains the pistol and covers the trigger/trigger guard is legal.
Holsters must be strong side vertical. No shoulder or cross draw holsters allowed.
Mag pouches may be placed anywhere on the belt.
Complete rules will be handed out during the registration.

Can I shoot it one handed [smile]

I may not be able to shoot it but I'll be down to see it and help out if needed.

It's a heck of an endeavor Jim and kudos to you for trying it, looks like a lot of fun.

Don't sell yourself short Dave I was shooting trap 3 weeks after my rotator cuff surgery. Had to sneak ammo out of the house and borrow a gun at the club because wife went ballistic when she saw me packing a gun bag the night before.
Dave

Looks good.
You may want to update the schedule on the walls of steel website to reflect that this shoot is on the 19th. I didn't see it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner instead of Tapatalk.

Wish I could make this one but have a prior commitment [sad2]

Depending on how this match turns out we might have another one soon. I'm hoping participation will be enough to warrant another Pro - Am style match. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom