• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Price of CCI Standard Velocity.

Can any one tell me what a brick of CCI Standard Velocity costs?

I stopped at a gun store on the way to the range to get some. I usally get the CCI Standard Velocity that comes in the cardboard box with the ten small baoxes of 50 in it.

This guy gave me the box with 5 Plastic boxes with 100 in each. I don't want to say what I paid for them mainly because I think I'm insane for buying them.

I've seen those plastic boxes of 100 for maybe $6.50?

I don't know why it's so much more expensive than the brick in a cardboard box. Maybe the little plastic box
costs $2.00?

Four Seasons has a brick of CCI STD Velocity listed at $29.99

It was $26.99 when I bought some a couple of months ago. I bought two cases then. Because it's only going up. You get a little better price when you buy the whole case.

Bob

Well it was just plain old CCI Standard Velocity but in the plastic boxes and it cost me $35.00..

The shells in the cardboard boxes are made overseas with different spec, primer and powder. They are manufacture# 0035. The one in the plastic boxes are made here and have better tolerances. 0032

I got a brick of 0035 sitting in a draw...

is it this type ?

22LR 40gr CCI Blazer Solid Brick (500 rds)
$19.95
40-gr Solid. Good, consistent, plinking ammo! Brick of 10 boxes.

The ones in the paper box have proven to have more duds than
the plastic boxes.... a brick should be around $40... green tag
even more..

I don't believe I had a dud in the last case that I bought about a year and a half to two years ago. That was 5000 rounds through a Marvel conversion & a S&W 41 without a dud. I only shoot the CCI STD #035 in the blue paper box. I did find allot of duds in the old white paper box though.

Bob

I bought a case (5000) rounds for $150.00 probably 12 years ago when I was shooting bullseye pistol. I still have 8 plastic boxes left as I haven't shot much .22 since I stopped shooting bullseye around 2001. I must say I've had a lot of duds with some Remington sub-sonic I bought recently and most of the bullets were loose in their case also. Never had a dud with the CCI.

Is there any other brand marked Stand Velocity that works as well as the CCI

Is there any other brand that makes standard velocity that performs as well as the CCI sv.

I have a problem using any thing other than CCI stand velocity in my model 41.

Last edited:
Is there any other brand marked Stand Velocity that works as well as the CCI

Is there any other brand that makes standard velocity that performs as well as the CCI sv.

I have a problem using any thing other than CCI stand velocity in my model 41.

I'm starting to see a lot of Aguila SV on the line in my two Bullseye leagues. It's a bit less expensive than the CCI, and from what I hear it's equally reliable. I've been using CCI SV in the paper boxes, and contrary to an earlier poster's experience I haven't had a single dud from the two cases I bought last year, which I'm about 75% of the way through (i.e., no problems in about 7,500 rounds fired). You should bench test whatever brand you try to be sure that it's acceptably accurate (precise, really) in your particular gun.

ETA: I used to shoot a 41 in competition and found that performance, as in frequency of misfires, was a function of cleaning. Whenever I started to get duds, I knew it was time for a thorough scrubbing of the chamber and slide.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom